The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby koregaboku » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:58 am

My issue with Apple Music is that I'm not an Apple customer.

My phone is an Android. My laptop is Windows. That kind of thing.

I personally don't know anyone who uses Apple Music who doesn't have an iPhone.

But yes, I generally used free Spotify on computer until recently (their "free" mobile version is a hot mess that forces shuffle play) until I finally upgraded to a paid plan.
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby forgetmenots » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:59 pm

So Japan has put out their own version of The Masked Singer out on Amazon Prime and one of the singers has sung Hello Project songs both times and the judges have put out a lot of former member guesses (Maki, Tsuji, Ayaya have all been mentioned). They did sound a lot like Maki to me, but the clues haven't made sense for her so who knows. The song choices may be to throw everyone off haha. I also suspect they may be good at mimicking vocal performances.

It feels like a show an OG member would be on though. If not this season maybe a future one if it does well.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:43 pm

I've seen people on twitter guess both former AKB members and someone from Stardust (apparently they recognized the singing style). Ay any rate, all the guesses I've seen have at least been idols. :lol:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:21 am

Massive haul of idol singer photos wash up on Japanese coast
https://soranews24.com/2021/09/23/idols ... %e3%80%91/
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:25 pm

forgetmenots wrote:So Japan has put out their own version of The Masked Singer out on Amazon Prime and one of the singers has sung Hello Project songs both times and the judges have put out a lot of former member guesses (Maki, Tsuji, Ayaya have all been mentioned). They did sound a lot like Maki to me, but the clues haven't made sense for her so who knows. The song choices may be to throw everyone off haha. I also suspect they may be good at mimicking vocal performances.

It feels like a show an OG member would be on though. If not this season maybe a future one if it does well.

The singer "Neon Panda" is still in it through 6 episodes. The third song they sang was a Momoiro Clover z song "Ikuze! Kaitou Shoujo"
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%B6 ... C%E3%83%BC
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:06 am

The Neon Panda on the Mask Singer Japan was

Spoiler: show
Minami Minegishi. She was eliminated in Episode 8. She performed an AKB48 song and Matsuda Seiko song.

boring. :glare:
Amped
High Priest

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:55 pm

I saw her guessed a few times. I was hoping it would've been someone more interesting too. :lol:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:08 am

Are they allowed to use her actual name so easily like this? The real Nonaka Miki should sue.

There is a new TV drama called Unlucky Girl starring Fukuhara Haruka. Minami Minegishi is a guest star in episode 4 and her character name is "Nonaka Miki" (Same Kanji spelling), a neat and tidy artist.

Minegishi says, "At first glance, Nonaka Miki, the character I play, seems like a real jerk who makes you want to get sick of her, but I hope she's also cute enough that you'll gradually grow attached to her. I've gone on a rampage to stir up this drama, so I hope many people will watch it."
https://mantan-web.jp/article/20211021d ... 6000c.html
Amped
High Priest

Postby Moh » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:36 am

Fictional works have people's real names all the time; why would this be any different? It's just a coincidence. It's not like there's any ill intent.

And fwiw, that would set a dangerous legal precedent if you could sue just because of a same name.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Shoujo Q » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:49 am

That’s why they always have a disclaimer at the start or buried at the end of a show about names, places, work of fiction. Stuff like that.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project