The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby ClaytonP » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:26 am

Zunu wrote:
Sohee wrote:Sometimes I really miss when H!P had a crazy side to it like this :heart:

Beyooooonds has entered the chat XD

This song is such a mess I love it.
A mess? That song was a straight up banger okay the lyrics were bonkers but
Also, peak Risako in that video, heck the group overall looks phenomenal. Captain out-Momokos Momoko with those twintails :inlove:

It's been ten years since Aa Yo ga Akeru. I remember people were making comments about the outfits in the video but I think all the members looked great :smiling:
ClaytonP
Initiate

Postby Amped » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:38 pm

BEYOOOOONDS Maeda Kokoro

Hello! Project's idol group BEYOOOOONDS member Maeda Kokoro (19) updated her blog on September 5th and revealed that LDH's newest actor Maeda Kentaro (21), who will be starring in "Kamen Rider Revis" on September 5th, is her older brother.

https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2202630/
Amped
High Priest

Postby koregaboku » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:13 am

Because inquiring minds obviously need to know:

https://instagram.com/kentaro_maeda_off ... =copy_link

Yeah. He's pretty. Very pretty.
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby Shoujo Q » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:57 am

^ This morning in my early morning haze I saw a post about Maeda’s brother and their connection to Kudo Haruka. It’s such a cute story to be honest. If it’s really true they are the same person.
Reddit Link
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby koregaboku » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:13 am

After I posted in my early morning scan of news, I just came up with what would be an awesome activity, but unlikely to occur;

A Sugiura/Tsuji-Channel video with the Maeda Siblings.

It shouldn't/wouldn't be a stretch to get Kokoro since she's in the same mgmt as Tsuji and the Taiyo/Kentaro connection should otherwise suffice as well.

Maybe they could all do karate together.

If they really want to amaze fans, drag Kudo in too.

Not that any of this will happen, but it would be very cute and would probably get a lot of youtube hits in addition to raising Kokoro's profile.
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby Celedam » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:15 am

To add yet another layer to this, Taiyo's younger brother Takao Sugiura was Kamen Rider Lance.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby verilian » Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:13 am

Pretty sure it's the same person, because Kokoro said he was starring, and they do look somewhat alike.

It's kind of silly and I know probably unlikely to happen but my fangirl heart would like to see him and Haruka dating.
verilian
Senior Initiate

Postby Amped » Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:40 pm

Shinkiba USEN STUDIO COAST will close its doors next year after contract negotiations fell through.

USEN STUDIO COAST, an event hall in Shin-Kiba, Tokyo, will be closing in January next year.

The venue's official website explains that they have been negotiating with the land owner to keep the venue open, but have been unable to reach a new contract. The venue will close on its last day of operation, January 30th, 2022.

Shin-Kiba STUDIO COAST opened in 2002 and has mainly hosted live music and club events.
It features a sound system and octagon speakers installed on the main floor and a signboard at the entrance with the name of the event.
From January 2021, USEN-NEXT HOLDINGS Corporation signed a naming rights agreement with Mother Entertainment Corporation, the venue's operator, and the venue has been operating under the new name "USEN STUDIO COAST".

https://natalie.mu/music/news/440541

H!P has had a lot of memories in that venue, especially anniversary events.
Amped
High Priest

Postby yumepin » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:53 pm

Moh wrote:
yumepin wrote:You have idols groups that upload documentary style videos, vlogs, fun outings, and various other content on their channels for free. This really draws in non-fans, whereas releasing such stuff on DVDs is super limited, low in quality and will pretty much only be bought/viewed by existing fans. My take is that they trash all their old school ways and update it for easier, more modern, accessible things.

Late response to this, but I agree. I'd love to see some variety content on their channels!

Since Shiritsu Ebisu Chugaku did a couple of songs on THE FIRST TAKE recently, I feel compelled to say that I'd really like to see an H!P group on there at some point. That would maybe help get some new fans.

This has still been on my mind ever since, and it still irks me so much lol! Especially now that everything is so accessible these days. I vividly remember having to dig deep for videos of Momochi back in my early Berryz days, and it seems that but a handful of things have evolved since then. You hear about groups blowing up through one Youtube video or even TV appearances. Can we get a spy to infiltrate UF* just to lay some of this forum's suggestions down on the table? Like, and it's a reach, but can we at the very least get an anime tie-up or something :crying:
✾: 岸本ゆめの εїз: 橋迫鈴 ❦: 松永里愛 ∞: 島倉りか, 山﨑夢羽 ☁: 横山玲奈 ★: 北原もも 研修生: 松原ユリヤ, 平山遊季 ♥: 工藤遥, 福田花音

コンクリートの向こう側へ
yumepin
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: 岸本ゆめの

Postby Shabranikuduu » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:35 am

I could be wrong, but I feel like UF is comfortable with how things are now. They have a large established fanbase that brings in a lot of money from concerts and goods, and every once in a while a big name celebrity will bring up how they love H!P and that generates a bit of attention or someone remembers H!P exists and hires them for something. Anything else requires work and spending money and also probably spending money over a long-ish period of time. An afflux of new fans are always good but they're doing pretty well with the status quo, so why bother?
Shabranikuduu
Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project