The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby erilaz » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:47 pm

Amped wrote:Odaiba's Palette Town will be redeveloped. So Venus Fort mall, Zepp Tokyo venue, will be closed down next year.

Sad. :( I have good memories of Palette Town. In 2007 I hung out with Zaxx at VenusFort, where we laughed at the hilariously mangled German on the t-shirts in one of the shops there. I got to see LoVendoЯ, TsuShiMaMiRe, Gacharic Spin, and five other bands at GIRLS ROCK SPLASH!! at Zepp Tokyo with Sohee in 2015.

I wonder how many of the things I remember from my 2015 trip will no longer exist when I eventually get back to Tokyo. Nakano Sun Plaza will probably be demolished by then. Oak Hotel, where I stayed in 2010 and 2015, changed its name and now (since the COVID lockdown) appears to have closed permanently. Citibank ATMs are all gone. Gorakudoh's ticket resale shop closed in 2017. BOOK-OFF's flagship store in Shibuya closed a few years ago. RECOfan Shibuya closed last October. And I just learned that TRIO, the best place in the world to buy second-hand idol goods, is closing their Nakano Broadway store next month. Now I'm really depressed. :crying:
Last edited by erilaz on Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:48 pm

Zunu wrote:All these new haircuts have me wondering, which H!P girl has had the longest hair, and which one the shortest? Who changed their hair most often, and who kept the same style for longest?

I can't speak to consistency, but if we're counting them among members already I'm assuming Kirara has the longest hair, and shortest is either Kaede or Kokoro.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Tobo_Junny135 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:19 pm

Hmm consistency… there’s Maria, shes kept her hair long. Yuhane and Honoka have the exact same hairstyle than they had in 2019
Longest hair is definitely Kirara, shortest might be Miyo
I can’t guarantee who changed their hair a lot… maybe Sakura?
Tobo_Junny135
Acolyte

Postby yumepin » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:42 pm

Sakura for sure. Miki, Kassa and Rikako have gotten plenty of style changes, and Yokoyan and Kawamuu a bunch of color changes.

As for consistency, I want to say Maria followed by Mizuki? Mizuki's cut her hair but I don't think she's ever dyed it, at least not drastically. My brother who cares absolutely nothing for idols still manages to spot Mizuki out of the crowd after all these years. I think Eripon, Kisora and Takechan are relatively consistent in terms of hair color too. Kaede's pretty much the same as well
✾: 岸本ゆめの εїз: 橋迫鈴 ❦: 松永里愛 ∞: 島倉りか, 山﨑夢羽 ☁: 横山玲奈 ★: 北原もも 研修生: 松原ユリヤ, 平山遊季 ♥: 工藤遥, 福田花音

コンクリートの向こう側へ
yumepin
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: 岸本ゆめの

Postby Tobo_Junny135 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:49 pm

^I didn’t know if coloured hair would count as consistency on its own, otherwise I agree Erina Kisora and Akari consistently kept their hair dyed to their preferred colour respectively
Tobo_Junny135
Acolyte

Postby Zunu » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:39 am

Tobo_Junny135 wrote:shortest might be Miyo
I can’t guarantee who changed their hair a lot… maybe Sakura?

Miyo seems likely for current members, but in terms of all time I think *maybe* Kamei has her beat...

I've been racking my brain but I can't come up with anyone who's had a haircut anywhere even close to, say, Ayaka Yasumoto from Ebichu https://youtu.be/Lx8CKHI2VyM (who in her case is coming back from successful cancer treatment). I feel like Chisato Okai went through a really short hair period, but I can't find anything that even rivals Miyo.

And for all-time hair change member, I'm thinking Masae Ohtani, I mean she was just insane, in a good way
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby boinsie » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:13 am

In addition to all her color changes over the years, I feel like Masae had some shooort hair early on (clippers might have even been involved in the back!).

Image Image Image

Other contenders for shortest include Takahashi Ai and Miyamoto Karin.

Image Image
Image Image
boinsie
Guru

Postby Shoujo Q » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:53 am

Risako changed her hair a lot near the end but I don’t think she ever cut it. Miyabi continues to reinvent her hairstyle to this day. She came into Berryz with dyed hair.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Amped » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:27 pm

The younger sister of the Okai sisters (Chisato, Asuna), 15 year old Okai Mion is an audition finalist for Miss Seventeen 2021 magazine.
Special Ability: Playing the guitar
https://st-channel.jp/missst2021/final/
http://asiapro.co.jp/profile/mion_okai/
Amped
High Priest

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:46 pm

She can't be 15 yet, time needs to stop. :lol:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project