6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Postby Amped » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:03 pm

Tower Records and Recochoku launch a new music subscription called "TOWER RECORDS MUSIC" for 980 yen/month.

Tower Records and Recochoku will collaborate to offer a flat-rate music distribution service called "Tower Records Music powered by Recochoku" starting October 1st.
The service will offer 60 million songs for 980 yen per month, and boasts the largest J-POP lineup in Japan. A teaser site has been released.

In addition to Japanese and J-POP music, the service offers unlimited access to 60 million songs from the latest hits to past masterpieces in a wide range of genres, including K-POP, anime, and Western music, as well as 100,000 music videos and live video.
The service can be enjoyed on multiple devices, including smartphones, tablets, and PCs. Offline playback is also supported.

https://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/00000 ... 02747.html

official teaser site
https://music.tower.jp/index.html
Amped
High Priest

Postby Shoujo Q » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:30 pm

I want it! Ugh. Gimme all that music!

I shouldn’t complain though, Apple Music is slowly offering more and more Japanese music. But there are still a few artists I love that aren’t available and full discographies are still hidden behind an invisible wall.

I got super excited to find Hayashibara Megumi’s music is now available in the US.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Moh » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:34 pm

I'm just waiting for the day H!P and H!P adjacent artists make it to Spotify. :lol: I know Apple Music has them, but I don't see the point in subscribing to another music service just for that. :T

If things aren't completely horrible by then, I'll be seeing Rina Sawayama in concert next April!

I, uh, may have already bought the ticket. :fear: I'm trying to not get too excited until I know for sure that it'll still be happening, lol.
It's in Portland, OR, which suits me just fine because my oldest friend lives there and we've been meaning to meet in person. :whistling:
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Amped » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:02 pm

Amped wrote:
Amped wrote:This year, the organizers are attempting to go through with "ROCK IN JAPAN Festival 2021"

rockin'on presents ROCK IN JAPAN FESTIVAL 2021 will be held at at Hitachi Seaside Park (Ibaraki) on August 7th (Sat), 8th (Sun), 9th (Mon), 14th (Sat) and 15th (Sun). 5 Days, 2 weekends this time.
For the first time in two years, ROCK IN JAPAN FESTIVAL will be a special event that will be created together with everyone with thorough measures against corona. For this reason, the venue layout, capacity, and operation rules will be changed drastically.
Details of the festival, artists to be announced, and ticket sales will be announced soon. Please wait a little longer for the announcement.

June 1st, 2021
ROCK IN JAPAN FESTIVAL organizer

http://rijfes.jp/

ROCK IN JAPAN 2021 announcement in a nutshell.

After many meetings with parks, prefectures, cities, and local officials, they have decided this year's ROCK IN JAPAN 2021 capacity will be less than half of what it has been in previous years (max capacity 69,000). It will be held on only one stage, the GRASS STAGE. Everything else is closed off.
This year there will be 40 artists and 8 groups per day, performing over 5 days.

They will be announcing the first artists on their J-Fes app soon
https://fesapp.jp

Their super long statement regarding how they got ROCK IN JAPAN approved with safety in mind.
http://rijfes.jp/2021/info/1746/

anddddd....cancelled. again.
http://rijfes.jp/2021/info/1928/
Amped
High Priest

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:58 pm

Guess our girls not attending didn't matter in the end.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby erilaz » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:40 pm

TsuShiMaMiRe have released a new single/video. The title is a pun on shōchū.

"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Moh » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:41 pm

This Foo Fighters cover of You Should Be Dancing is so bizarre to me:

I'm not not into it, though. :unsure:
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Zunu » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:45 pm

:unsure: Are you saying that the actual music is bizarre, that something about the video is bizarre, or that the fact that the Foo Fighters are doing a fairly straightforward cover of that song to begin with is bizarre?

I don't much care for the original song anyway, but to my ears their cover is equally as good (or bad). Sometimes a faithful cover can be interesting just for the skill involved or in the way that it makes you re-listen to the original more carefully. But in general though, I tend to prefer covers that have some kind of transformational aspect to them above and beyond basic kitsch/irony. Like for example in the case of the Bee Gees...

Spoiler: show
...I really like the old 2008 cover of How Deep Is Your Love by The Bird and The Bee and the entirely different, 2019 cover by PJ Morton ft. Yebba. The latter being so fire that it itself has spawned a small cottage industry of further covers

Bird & The Bee's live 2009 version of their studio cover of the Bee Gees' How Deep Is Your Love? (2008)

PJ Morton ft. Yebba's cover of Bee Gees' How Deep Is Your Love? (2019)

Korean Soul's cover of PJ Morton ft. Yebba's cover of Bee Gees' How Deep Is Your Love? (2019)

Unnamed ad hoc group's cover of PJ Morton ft. Yebba's cover of Bee Gees' How Deep Is Your Love (2020)
This was lovely but they completely missed the jolt of Yebba singing the second "love" a half-note sharp in the phrase "How deep is your love how deep is your love?"

PJ Morton ft. Alex Isley's quasi-self-cover of PJ Morton ft. Yebba's cover of Bee Gees' How Deep Is Your Love? (2021)

Probably not coincidentally, the Bird and the Bee have also recorded with Dave Grohl fairly recently, though disappointingly not a Bee Gees cover:

Bird & The Bee ft Dave Grohl - The Little Drummer Boy (2020)
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Moh » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:26 pm

Just them doing anything disco related, period. :lol:

Some uploads for YouTube Music Weekend:

Mukai Taichi - Supplement Live at Zepp Haneda(TOKYO) 2020.08.28

SHISAMO
Spoiler: show

Vaundy - one man live "KATARIBE"