The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby Moh » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:47 am

Not super sure where to stick this, but the H!P Lyrics Wiki started adding external CC for translations to the latest MVs:
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Celedam » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:58 am

^ Umm, okay. I can appreciate the initiative and effort. However, the videos still have official Japanese subtitles in CC, and you can choose to auto-translate those to almost any other language. It’s actually an improvement; not only is it more versatile, but also Google Translate has gotten a lot better in recent years.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:09 pm

The auto-translate doesn't have an English option for me on their videos despite my language settings, so this actually works out better for me.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:06 pm

Nayoko-Kihara wrote:The auto-translate doesn't have an English option for me on their videos despite my language settings

Wait, what? It should be the full menu of languages from Google Translate, regardless of settings. Do you see all of the other languages except English?
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:57 am

From another thread…

Amped wrote:ANGERME Sasaki Rikako's 20th Birthday event @ LANDMARK HALL 5.28.21

Hello AI reports…

It's really just an excuse to fangirl over her oshimen. And to eat pudding. ;)

Make sure you have CC turned on, because she has switched from hard subs to soft subs.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby verilian » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:11 am

It's interesting that they're debuting Risa as a solo artist, and it's really interesting how much UF is pushing the M-Line concert with participation by some of the more prominent older performers in HP. I think this is a really smart move, because then when girls graduate they have a place to go, like, a big group concert series for them to perform regularly at. It's not throwing away everything they did in their idol careers, and it kind of ties in with a lot of the post-idol groups I see forming by idols who have graduated but are still doing idol-like activities. I feel much better about the idea of a Mizuki graduation now that they've decided to support Risa to go solo. And I think HP probably offered the same deal to Sayuki, but she wanted to be a part of J=J or not a part of UF at all, so she left, which...I support her decision but I really wish she had stayed, even though it probably would've been as a low-budget solo artist career supported by M-Line concerts.

Also really appreciating how HP seems to be pushing for girls to get opportunities outside of their usual activities lately.
verilian
Senior Initiate

Postby aerosuffly » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:37 pm

We had Elder Club in the past right. This seems to me a bit like that but outside of Hello! Project. The world have changed, so the OGs can't possibly just be performers. They will have to do various things. This M-Line concerts seem like supplement activities for them (and UF artists) that the management can also make some money out of. I think Mizuki case will be very interesting. She won't have her name strongly attached to the entertainment industry (like Ai-chan) when she graduate, and she seems to not want to do anything else but Hello! Project :). Only time will tell.
aerosuffly
Minion

Postby Amped » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:03 pm

People tend to forget that a "Double A-side" or "Triple A-side" is already two singles or three singles in one release. So if people say, "oh they only released one single this year," well they actually released two on the same day.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Shoujo Q » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:58 pm

I’m waiting ultra patiently for any sort of audition announcements from H!P. They are taking an awfully long time. Now that the spring concerts are over and the summer are gearing up. Now that the kenshuusei test has been done, the ball has been sitting there on the court like a balloon ready to pop.

Never mind the fact I have a side project I’m working on that I put on hold specifically waiting for any sort of change in the H!P roster. lol I swear if I finish it and the the next day they announce additions I’m going to flip a table or something. haha It’s usually how it goes when you’re working on time sensitive stuff.

On a more musing note, now that Pink Cres is disbanding, can we get Aa! back together? They can all keep doing solo stuff but the side gig would be pretty amazing. Their mini revival at the Make A Wish concert was such a tease for me.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Shabranikuduu » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:42 am

I thought it was just me! I keep on expecting them to announce something, only to be disappointed when there's nothing said. I'm expecting them to announce new members exactly when I don't have time to enjoy it.
Shabranikuduu
Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project