6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Postby Amped » Sun May 09, 2021 11:33 pm

Amped wrote:Announced at their mini live yesterday, all 5 Tacoyaki Rainbow members are graduating on May 9th. They are almost all in their 20's and on the group's official website, it says that after graduating from the group, the members will continue their entertainment activities on their own while going through a "recharging period", before starting a new project.
https://natalie.mu/music/news/424986
https://www.nikkansports.com/entertainm ... 00875.html

Yokoyama Reina with Haruna Mai

Today, 5/9, all 5 members of Tacoyaki Rainbow have graduated and looking for a new name for their project unit. They had one last youtube live stream while eating Tacoyaki. They were supposed to have a free live today, but it was postponed.

graduation youtube stream

The Kansai-based idol group "Takoyaki Rainbow" graduated from the group on the 9th. On the same day, the group held a live YouTube broadcast to announce that they were looking for a new name for their new unit, and also released a new visual.

The group consists of five members: Kurumi Hori, Karen Negishi, Mai Haruna, Sakura Ayaki, and Saki Kiyoi

At the end of the live broadcast, they gave speeches one by one.

Haruna said, "All I have are happy memories."

Ayaki said, "It was an invaluable time.

Negishi looked back on their past activities, saying, "I had another amazing experience."

Kiyoi said, "Thank you to everyone who has been involved."

Hori thanked her fans, saying, "I want everyone to be proud of me for being a fan."

After graduation, the five members were going to start a new project after a period of recharging while continuing their individual entertainment activities, and they were going to solicit ideas for the name of their new unit from Takoyaki Rainbow's fans called "Niji Kazoku" (family).

On this day, a new visual of the five members was also released. Ten people who apply for the new unit name will be chosen by lottery and will receive an extra large photo card with the new visuals signed by all of them.

The group had originally planned to graduate after the free live on May 9th, but due to the state of emergency declaration, the date was postponed to July 31st.

On this day, they delivered a video of themselves making and eating Tacoyaki under the title "Taco Niji: Today's graduation. They talked about the last time they would eat takoyaki as Takoyaki Rainbow and looked back on their past activities by looking at photos. At the end, Ayaki played the guitar and the five sang "Issho ni kaerou" ("Let's go home together) together for their graduation.

https://www.nikkansports.com/entertainm ... 01574.html
Amped
High Priest

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Mon May 10, 2021 1:53 pm

I don't get why they couldn't just change the group name and roll on, but whatever makes them happy. :lol:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Mon May 10, 2021 9:25 pm

If there was a change of agency or management, there could be any number of legal issues driving this.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Moh » Tue May 11, 2021 4:46 pm

Hirai Ken - 1995 (composed by WedCamp's Hidefumi Kenmochi; you can even hear KOM_I in there):
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby JonCC » Tue May 11, 2021 8:01 pm

JonCC wrote:ZOC is adding a new member it seems.

They've been posting a few teases. Doesn't appear to be Sayumi or any H!P 'exile'.

https://twitter.com/ZOC_009

And here we go:
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby TotallyUncool » Sat May 15, 2021 10:58 pm

^Good color! I need to listen to more ZOC - I like what I've heard so far!

The Lips were such a perfect Blasters/X/Go-Gos/Mink DeVille mashup - this whole album is great!
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby Shoujo Q » Sun May 16, 2021 12:01 am

I just discovered and started going through my Apple Music yearly playlists. I can’t believe it’s been over 5 years since it came out. But it’s a visual time capsule of what I listened to and enjoyed and the slow addition of international music (kpop/jpop). It’s been a real treat finding songs I loved but, over the years just fell by the wayside.

T-ara especially. Man, I loved that group! Kpop groups are just flash in the pans and it’s sad they don’t last long.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Zunu » Sun May 16, 2021 3:00 am

Here's FIVE NEW OLD doing a live "Blackboard" performance of their song Hallelujah.

The lead singer introduces the song in English. His cadence kind of reminds me of Nonaka's.

(Here's the original music video of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSsgv0pZ1Y4 )
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Moh » Sun May 16, 2021 4:53 am

Shoujo Q wrote:Kpop groups are just flash in the pans and it’s sad they don’t last long.

Especially girl groups. :lol: There's a good article here about how some older gg songs have gone viral recently; it points out that while they went viral from male fancams, the female fans are typically the ones doing all the legwork.
Moh
Prophet

Postby Moh » Sun May 23, 2021 2:47 pm

If anyone remembers RYTHEM, they've started doing activities together again. They disbanded in 2011.
Moh
Prophet

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project