The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby angermetico » Sat May 01, 2021 6:06 pm

Nayoko-Kihara wrote:^ I love videos like these. They're so helpful for new fans (and just fun to watch once in a while). I like the transitions you've used, and the extra info (like mentioning "17sai" was a cover) is useful.

Thanks for comment. :)
I'm glad you liked it. If as a fan, I made the video to share and whoever knows it likes it and whoever does not know the group, can meet it and become a fan.
The transitions, you mean the one with the images (photos of the girls) or going from one video to another?

Well, I didn't know whether to add information or not, I wasn't sure what might be of interest to put it in. I'm glad you liked it.

Did you like that I added MVs that weren't single?
I put them because apart from the fact that those songs were very good, they had participated as a group, for example in Hello Project All starts.
angermetico
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: Sakura Oda,Asakura Kiki

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat May 01, 2021 7:41 pm

Both the video and photo transitions. The swipe on the Tsubaki videos surprised me, but it was quick to get used to and none of them seemed too sudden or out of place, and changing the pictures to match the release was a good idea.

I actually don't think I've seen any 'guide' type videos include the extra MVs before yours, it's a nice addition (especially for new fans, since they don't always remember to include non-major single MVs in the Music Video playlists on the official YT channels).

Keeping new fans in mind, the only suggestion I have for future videos is to try and always write out full group names (instead of MM, HPK, and so on), since a new fan might not understand what those are short for yet.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby angermetico » Sat May 01, 2021 7:57 pm

Nayoko-Kihara wrote:Both the video and photo transitions. The swipe on the Tsubaki videos surprised me, but it was quick to get used to and none of them seemed too sudden or out of place, and changing the pictures to match the release was a good idea.

I thought that the transitions of the videos could be heavy, but I am glad that you clarify that it is not like that.

Nayoko-Kihara wrote:I actually don't think I've seen any 'guide' type videos include the extra MVs before yours, it's a nice addition (especially for new fans, since they don't always remember to include non-major single MVs in the Music Video playlists on the official YT channels).

Yes, I also thought it would be a good idea, I have even been working to include songs that do not have MV taking from the concerts, but many of them do not have good quality and I chose not to do it since it would make a difference.
(If someone can help me get them in HD or pass them to me in that quality with a program I would be grateful)
My pc is very old and I have to do miracles to compile it.

Nayoko-Kihara wrote:Keeping new fans in mind, the only suggestion I have for future videos is to try and always write out full group names (instead of MM, HPK, and so on), since a new fan might not understand what those are short for yet.

Yes for the next update, I will review that and not abbreviate it.
angermetico
Senior Initiate

Postby Zunu » Sat May 01, 2021 10:13 pm

The video was fun, informative, and well done.What is your native language, angermmetico? You write English exceptionally well, but I noticed you used he/his when explaining Risa's departure, which is not a mistake that an English native speaker would typically make.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby angermetico » Sun May 02, 2021 12:00 am

Zunu wrote:The video was fun, informative, and well done.What is your native language, angermmetico? You write English exceptionally well, but I noticed you used he/his when explaining Risa's departure, which is not a mistake that an English native speaker would typically make.

Hello Zunu.
I'm glad you liked the video.
No, it is not my native language, I speak Spanish
I used information from the Wiki and also using part of the translator.
I imagined that some mistake could happen to me.
I would be delighted if you see an error tell me so I can correct it in the next update.

By the way, do you think the duration of each song is short or is it okay?
angermetico
Senior Initiate

Postby Stereo » Sun May 02, 2021 5:48 am

You vidéos are very very well made. That's crazy the amount of works done to make those videos. Everything is so nice, you have thought of the smallest détail. Every part of the screen is used to add something interesting and at the same time all is smooth and no heavy.
It's good, it is beautiful, perfectly executed with taste. I find it hard to imagine the working time it took to achieve such a result.
Congrats. Really. You can be extremely proud.
Stereo
Senior Initiate

Postby angermetico » Sun May 02, 2021 6:58 am

Stereo wrote:You vidéos are very very well made. That's crazy the amount of works done to make those videos. Everything is so nice, you have thought of the smallest détail. Every part of the screen is used to add something interesting and at the same time all is smooth and no heavy.
It's good, it is beautiful, perfectly executed with taste. I find it hard to imagine the working time it took to achieve such a result.
Congrats. Really. You can be extremely proud.

Hi Stereo.
Thank you for each of your words.
You have left me speechless, for so much gratitude.
I am glad that you are liking it, since I did it with the intention of sharing them with all of you.
I wanted it to not be too heavy and chaotic and I thought I added too much.
The Angerme compilation was made after having tried different formats and the last one I tried was the Tsubaki Factory one.
It has a lot of work, but seeing the comments so beautiful and that fill me so much, it has been worth it.
I want to update it to correct errors and with future releases and new generations of members (Now there is an audition for Tsubaki Factory and I am happy and with expectation of who will enter)

There are things that I am still thinking about to see if I change something or not, in the end I try to be so perfectionist that I am never satisfied.
It is the first time that I edit videos, I already did several tests with Angerme, as I mentioned and my idea is to find a definitive way and update the Angerme compilation as it is now that of Tsubaki Factory and dare with the other groups that remain.
I'm looking forward to doing one of Berryz, which was one of my favorite groups.

Thank you, thank you and thank you for your words.
They encourage me to continue doing this work and not to give up thinking that I did not do it well.

Thank you all really, you have turned to comment your opinions.
angermetico
Senior Initiate

Postby Zunu » Sun May 02, 2021 8:47 am

angermetico wrote:By the way, do you think the duration of each song is short or is it okay?

The duration of each excerpt was just right. :thumbs-up: I agree completely with Stereo's additional remarks.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby angermetico » Sun May 02, 2021 9:35 am

Zunu wrote:
angermetico wrote:By the way, do you think the duration of each song is short or is it okay?

The duration of each excerpt was just right. :thumbs-up: I agree completely with Stereo's additional remarks.

I asked about the duration because I did not know if it could be something short, I was thinking of giving it a little more duration, but maybe it could be heavy, I don't know.

Thank you for telling me that you agree with Stereo.
You fill me with a lot of encouragement to continue and improve.

Thank you very much, Zunu.
angermetico
Senior Initiate

Postby Stereo » Sun May 02, 2021 7:03 pm

As you are a "perfectionist" i will feed your hunger a little ;o)

Yes the Tsubaki one is the perfect one if you want to do anothers videos of this kind.
-As a Tsunku Fan lol You can add when a song was written by Tsunku like for their first single Hitorijime, Just Try, but even more for "Shower Twice" as you don't add anything in this song on the upper part of the screen.
-If it's for new fan then "HPK" is not meaning anything. You can understant the HP (Hello project) but not the K. It's Kenshuusei ?
-For Shuukastu sensation, oh boy !, how dare you put this little windows video at the right with no space between the red border of the large windows and the small lol Maybe reduce the red frame of the big one, or reduce the small video. Aesthetically There must be a little space ! :))
-The scrolling text on Hanamoyou disappears too fast at the end, I can't read it completly.
- For Date no hi wa nido... It's one of the song i have listened the most, it's so perfect for me, so sweet tempo and so hard at the same time, extraordinary instrumental, meaning ! You can't writte anything about it in the upper part. Maybe just add it was written by tsunku, juts add something or so, I sulk !
-Same for Junjou cm, just add something even if it's compositor / lyric / arrangement names.
- Same fo Dakishimerarete mirai !
- Second part of Densha ISM text disappears too fast, can't read to the end and on Ima Nanji maybe just the put the video part where you show Risa 5 year 7 month 29 days at the very end and let it for longer time, it's too fast.

Overall just very very small details that maybe can help you in the future.
Thank you again.
Stereo
Senior Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project