The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby yumepin » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:09 am

I don't know if anyone here was/is into Canary Club (I know they're not Hello! Project but hey, I feel like most NGP fans were also H!P fans) but I decided to check up on various Tsunku projects and where their artists are now and... besides choreography, Takada Ayumi's life seems to revolve around stretching her ears and holding items using her ear lobes. I'm so perplexed and overwhelmed by this odd info I needed to share

https://www.instagram.com/takadaayumimi

I was also reminded of obscure groups like Ice Creamusume, EE JUMP, and Kucchikomi which all kinda feel like a fever dream now
✾: 岸本ゆめの εїз: 橋迫鈴 ❦: 松永里愛 ∞: 島倉りか, 山﨑夢羽 ☁: 横山玲奈 ★: 北原もも 研修生: 松原ユリヤ, 平山遊季 ♥: 工藤遥, 福田花音

コンクリートの向こう側へ
yumepin
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: 岸本ゆめの

Postby erilaz » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:17 am

^ I'm so glad that I got to see Ice Creamusume perform live, back when they still existed.

I'm crazy about some of those forgotten H!P and Tsunku-produced groups. I recently bought an old Quo Card advertising Wongal's "Hanafubuki BANG BANG BANG" single and a FamilyMart Card advertising the 2001 H!P Dai-undōkai — which I absolutely had to buy, because it's the only prepaid card I've ever seen with an image of Sheki-Dol on it. I'm still actively searching for obscure CDs like the Kiss no Sekai album and the Deka-Moni。 single (I've seen both of them for sale, but the prices were higher than I was willing to pay).

My number one go-to karaoke song (if the karaoke place has it) is Heike Michiyo's "GET".
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Shoujo Q » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:39 am

I loved Ogawa Mana and I’m glad she revived her YouTube page a year ago. It’s been a treat! https://youtube.com/user/ogachannelofficial
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:33 pm

erilaz wrote:^ I'm so glad that I got to see Ice Creamusume perform live, back when they still existed.
I'm so incredibly jealous of this. :crying:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby yumepin » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:00 pm

erilaz wrote:^ I'm so glad that I got to see Ice Creamusume perform live, back when they still existed.

I'm crazy about some of those forgotten H!P and Tsunku-produced groups. I recently bought an old Quo Card advertising Wongal's "Hanafubuki BANG BANG BANG" single and a FamilyMart Card advertising the 2001 H!P Dai-undōkai — which I absolutely had to buy, because it's the only prepaid card I've ever seen with an image of Sheki-Dol on it. I'm still actively searching for obscure CDs like the Kiss no Sekai album and the Deka-Moni。 single (I've seen both of them for sale, but the prices were higher than I was willing to pay).

My number one go-to karaoke song (if the karaoke place has it) is Heike Michiyo's "GET".

You saw Ice Creamusume live? Oh my god hold on let me hate you real quick :crying:. Just like you I'm overly obsessed with Tsunku's forgotten groups. They're so fun, inventive and quirky yet I can't help but be drawn towards them. Or maybe I'm just a sucker for literally anything Tsunku related? I myself am looking to start a collection too. I'm going to try snagging Canary Club goods first and then try for the more rare stuff, like Sheki-Dol or Ayankey. That said, I really do wish we could've gotten more experimental and ambitious stuff from Tsunku before he lost all say over the matter...

GET is an amazing song, I always enjoy singing THE Possible's "Hatsukoi no Kakera"

Shoujo Q wrote:I loved Ogawa Mana and I’m glad she revived her YouTube page a year ago. It’s been a treat! https://youtube.com/user/ogachannelofficial

Mana is as round and cute as ever I see. Went to her channel and the first thing I see is her cover of "Haru na no ni" by Kashiwabara Yoshie :yahoo:
✾: 岸本ゆめの εїз: 橋迫鈴 ❦: 松永里愛 ∞: 島倉りか, 山﨑夢羽 ☁: 横山玲奈 ★: 北原もも 研修生: 松原ユリヤ, 平山遊季 ♥: 工藤遥, 福田花音

コンクリートの向こう側へ
yumepin
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: 岸本ゆめの

Postby Celedam » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:42 am

Previously…

Celedam wrote:Found a new channel created by a female wota who loves Hello! Project and BABYMETAL. That fits with us here, of course, but what really makes her channel noteworthy is that she also uses it to practice her English. She occasionally speaks English, and she also subtitles most of her videos in English. It's both cute and impressive.

Reviewing Moe Kamikokuryo's issue of bis, which leads to talking about all things Kamiko…

She's a Rikako/Kamiko oshi, so she's in heaven.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:56 pm

Someone made an ANGERME all singles video in the same style as Omar's Morning Musume video, showing member additions & graduations. Looks like the only song that gave them YT trouble was "Nakanaize...".
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Tobo_Junny135 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:54 pm

^i saw that, while I liked that someone made an all singles video about S/mileage/ANGERME, it was exactly the same style as Omar’s. from the flashbacks to the Icon preview and even presenting the singles count for each member. It’s unclear wether the person credited Omar at least if they were gonna make videos exactly like he his. when he spent year after year polishing up his Morning Musume’s all singles video :/
Tobo_Junny135
Acolyte

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:38 pm

They credited him and his Morning Musume video in the description.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Tobo_Junny135 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:59 pm

That’s good they acknowledged him... I didn’t think to look in the description box :lol:
Tobo_Junny135
Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project