The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby otaku_blue » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:40 am

I love Mizuki a lot but I just recently noticed that she does take up a lot of time in concerts/performances.

In Gyuusaretai Dake Na no Ni there was a lot of Mizuki. She also gets included in most of the dance breaks over other members.
I love her but I would prefer if they gave more opportunities to other members to show themselves off. It just doesn't seem fair.

12ki, 13ki and 14ki have been in the group for years but they're still not getting enough chances to stand-out.
I thought it was kinda lame how Mizuki is still in the dance breaks for Toki Sora and Ai no Gundan over other girls who can also dance.

Ningen/Lovepedia were really good in giving the other members more screentime, but they dropped it again recently.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby koregaboku » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:55 am

It's interesting that I've seen this opinion a bit.

I saw similar comments about Gyu before I watched the PV and I expected a whole lot more Mizuki than I saw based on those comments.

I would agree that MM has had an over reliance on Mizuki, Ayumi, Maa-chan, and Sakura but I wouldn't single out Mizuki from the other three.

I also think Miki gets a decent number of singing parts based on being a good singer while Maria gets screentime based on being Maria.

It definitely falls off quite a bit from there. When Chisaki first joined I thought she was going to be handed a center role and she barely gets anything. Kaede should definitely be included in dance breaks. Based on Gyu, it looks like Rio might get a front girl push but its hard to tell based on two singles.

I actually think Akane might want to start planning an exit strategy because I don't ever see her getting a lead/sub-lead positions in songs. She and Erina are basically Gen 8 at this point.
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby Celedam » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:59 am

Found a new channel created by a female wota who loves Hello! Project and BABYMETAL. That fits with us here, of course, but what really makes her channel noteworthy is that she also uses it to practice her English. She occasionally speaks English, and she also subtitles most of her videos in English. It's both cute and impressive. Here's her introduction…

And just as an example, here's her reaction to "SHAKA SHAKA TO LOVE"…

But she has many other videos in which she talks at length about her favorite groups and songs. Check it out…

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQlOyPBUStlut8CQzMUITEg
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:52 pm

I stumbled onto her video introducing Juice=Juice a few days ago and thought it was really cute. I didn't check her other uploads very carefully though, so I didn't see the reaction. I'm going to enjoy that.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Tobo_Junny135 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:06 pm

otaku_blue wrote:I love Mizuki a lot but I just recently noticed that she does take up a lot of time in concerts/performances.

In Gyuusaretai Dake Na no Ni there was a lot of Mizuki. She also gets included in most of the dance breaks over other members.
I love her but I would prefer if they gave more opportunities to other members to show themselves off. It just doesn't seem fair.

I thought it was kinda lame how Mizuki is still in the dance breaks for Toki Sora and Ai no Gundan over other girls who can also dance.

koregaboku wrote:It's interesting that I've seen this opinion a bit.

I saw similar comments about Gyu before I watched the PV and I expected a whole lot more Mizuki than I saw based on those comments.

I would agree that MM has had an over reliance on Mizuki, Ayumi, Maa-chan, and Sakura but I wouldn't single out Mizuki from the other three.

I also think Miki gets a decent number of singing parts based on being a good singer while Maria gets screentime based on being Maria.

It definitely falls off quite a bit from there. When Chisaki first joined I thought she was going to be handed a center role and she barely gets anything. Kaede should definitely be included in dance breaks. Based on Gyu, it looks like Rio might get a front girl push but its hard to tell based on two singles.

I actually think Akane might want to start planning an exit strategy because I don't ever see her getting a lead/sub-lead positions in songs. She and Erina are basically Gen 8 at this point.

To be honest, Now this is just my take on it, I wouldn’t say it’s factual but more perhaps a theory or perhaps a perception -(at least I think that’s word I’m looking for)

Massive rant paragraph below :sweat: :angel:
Spoiler: show
I believe Management may be perhaps using Mizuki a lot not only because she’s been really good as a front girl (albeit not as powerful as Sakura or a Dark horse like Maa but that’s them and another topic for later if it comes up) but perhaps they are using Mizuki as much as they can NOW if that whole Christmas cake age thing IS actually a thing with the H!P Idols, (I know Wada said something about not focusing about age and I agree it’s a stupid rude thing but still that’s perhaps a factor, ngl I hate that theory but it’s a factor)

However, Perhaps instead of solely focusing on the point of Fuku-chan’s age (24)
The 9th 10th and 11th Gen have been in the long run since the early 10s (2011 and 2012 specifically)
Perhaps Management knows that sooner or later there could be another Ai-chan situation and eventually Mizuki and the others will start thinking about moving forward

If anything they are giving Miki more lines (they should’ve continued when they first gave her a front duo piece with Maa rather than leave a gap until Seishun Night but I’ll save that rant for another time >.>) and they seem to be pushing Kitario and Mei-chan more (personally Homare should be pushed too but it’s only been two singles so far so I’ll hold back on that too XD ) now if they can just give Akane more attention and Maria more lines rather than letting them fade in the background like their former Gen mate that would be great :) )

Like Koregaboku says I thought Chii would be a front girl too considering her tenure with CG but it seems that got scrapped ._. Rood >.>

And 13 Gen barely got any action since their debut single for two years (other than Reina getting a solo line in Duu’s grad single)

I do agree that there are other dancers, specifically Maria, Kaede and Homare but I think specifically the Sora Koe single Mizuki and Ayumi was the official dancers in the single release (unless I remembered wrong and that it was Riho and Ayumi or Mizuki and Riho... please correct me, that single was out 6ish years ago and I don’t really watch the MVs as much as listening to the singles themselves when they release :whistling: )

But yeah I think they are just giving Mizuki as much as they can until her eventual graduation :thumbs-up:

I personally wasn’t going to say anything but today I saw a lot of comments about people complaining that Mizuki needs to graduate or move on or Mizuki is too old (I had to hold back on responding to those comments specifically because I know I was gonna get mad :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: ) etc etc so I kind of wanted to say something in a sense of standing up for Her :roll:

EDIT: just noticed I said a lot and figured maybe spoiler it so it doesn’t take up a lot of room... my bad :innocent:
Tobo_Junny135
Acolyte

Postby ntrd » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:33 am

Tobo_Junny135 wrote:I believe Management may be perhaps using Mizuki a lot not only because she’s been really good as a front girl (albeit not as powerful as Sakura or a Dark horse like Maa but that’s them and another topic for later if it comes up) but perhaps they are using Mizuki as much as they can NOW if that whole Christmas cake age thing IS actually a thing with the H!P Idols

I have the pet theory that if it wasn't for Covid-19, Junjou Evidence would have been Mizuki's and Eripon's last single.
Now hear me out:
- Eripon has said that she only wants to stick around until the Olympics which would have happened by now
- Mizuki said back in October that she's aware of the "wall" of age 25 (although Tsunku said that she should continue until she's 40)
- Limited A didn't have a tracklist yet when they announced the single (maybe because they were supposed to put the Erina-Mizuki graduation song on it and that was scrapped?)
- There's that double dance solo and Mizuki's solo line after the dance break in Gyusaretai... Highlighting the member in the dance break and the last chorus is a common occurrence in a graduation song
- The overall "the end is near" theme of the MV with the "usagi-chan syndrome" of people holding on to things longer than they're supposed to and older members disappearing
- On Takahashi Ai's last single they had a song with the usual amount of Ai, with her getting the big solo after the dance break and everything, and a song where she didn't have that many lines, and the emphasis was put on Sayu and Reina signaling that they are the next lead vocals and the group will be fine without her. It's the same in this single with Gyusaretai being a Mizuki lead and Junjou Evidence having Oda/Maachan.

Anyways back to making tinfoil hats now XD
ntrd
Initiate

Postby Celedam » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:23 am

Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby koregaboku » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:34 am

ntrd wrote:
Tobo_Junny135 wrote:I believe Management may be perhaps using Mizuki a lot not only because she’s been really good as a front girl (albeit not as powerful as Sakura or a Dark horse like Maa but that’s them and another topic for later if it comes up) but perhaps they are using Mizuki as much as they can NOW if that whole Christmas cake age thing IS actually a thing with the H!P Idols

Anyways back to making tinfoil hats now XD

This was not the worst theory I've seen, you've got me sold a bit!

The forum has had precious discussions regarding anticipating graduations and I still think a double grad might happen.

I wonder though, whether Mizuki and Erina will get a final 9ki song (or even individual songs which I doubt) since the past few grads have had songs that prominently feature the grad member but weren't solos (except Ogata who got... Nothing?).

The last grad solo was Sayu? I recall Tsumetai Kaze was supposed to be a Riho solo but it got changed at the relatively last minute.

If this theory is correct and the grads come in 2021 I'm going to guess it'll be during the fall concert. There's still too many unknowns whether a full spring concert will even be possible and Mizuki and Erina will be graduating from Budokan, at the very least.
koregaboku
Psychic

Postby Tobo_Junny135 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:51 am

ntrd wrote:I have the pet theory that if it wasn't for Covid-19, Junjou Evidence would have been Mizuki's and Eripon's last single.
Now hear me out:
- Eripon has said that she only wants to stick around until the Olympics which would have happened by now

I interpreted that she at least wanted to be around for the Olympics and after that a lot had theorised that she was going to graduate soon

ntrd wrote:- There's that double dance solo and Mizuki's solo line after the dance break in Gyusaretai... Highlighting the member in the dance break and the last chorus is a common occurrence in a graduation song
- The overall "the end is near" theme of the MV with the "usagi-chan syndrome" of people holding on to things longer than they're supposed to and older members disappearing

I love this theory, it’s intriguing to note that usually in the last few MVs (before K&K) the dance breaks usually don’t highlight a member because they are all either doing the same thing or their own thing
The last time they had done this was Harunan’s (Honey) grad single Y Jiro no tochuu
And Haruka’s grad single Wakaindashii
If your theory is correct though I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a double grad, there’s a theory further up in the thread that someone said Mizuki and Erina both know their popularity won’t overlap each other if one of them leaves I think and something about Masaki and Ayumi too etc

koregaboku wrote:

I wonder though, whether Mizuki and Erina will get a final 9ki song (or even individual songs which I doubt) since the past few grads have had songs that prominently feature the grad member but weren't solos (except Ogata who got... Nothing?).

The reason Ogata got nothing was because
1. Her sudden announcement was in the end of March which meant she had 3 months until she graduated, not leaving enough time for management to write up something for her
2. Because she was one of the new members (13 and 14 Gen were here for like a year and 12gen were here for 3 years at that point), I don’t think anyone expected someone from 12gen to announce their graduation that early in their tenure, this kind of thing happens rarely, I think the last time that happened was with Kusumi...

Apart from that, it would be nice if Mizuki and Ikita would get individual songs, lately with every graduation that came, Kana, Rina, Murotan, Musu and Karin got a solo song for themselves, although technically Murota and Musu had cover songs and not their own song per se,
But surely this would be proof enough that management CAN do a solo song for Mizuki and Ikuta, or 9ki together.
Tobo_Junny135
Acolyte

Postby koregaboku » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:51 pm

I think it's interesting that all the Angerme girls got songs except for the biggest one of all, Dawa.

Granted, she got a freaking amazing sentimental song that was written by a former member, was filled with easter eggs (lyrics, dances, outfits, video, etc, and was an A-sides to boot.

Now I'm starting to think Dawa might've been offered a solo but turned it down. I have nothing to back that up but I'm going to go ahead and believe it, lol.
koregaboku
Psychic

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project