OG (Graduated Members) / M-line Club / M-line Music

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: OG (Graduated Members) Thread

Postby Zunu » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:08 pm

Celedam wrote:Maki Goto covers "Yuki no Hana" by Mika Nakashima…

It's hard to believe it's been 17 years since that song came out. Back in those days Nakashima practically lived in the Music Station studio, she was there so often. Anyway, she (Mika) is a true diva with an idiosyncratic vocal quality that you either love or dislike, and if you like her, as I do, then she can't really be rivaled in terms of her performances. But Goto's no slouch here; her voice has matured like wine. I'd definitely listen to an album of her covers.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby koregaboku » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:10 am

Celedam wrote:Maki Goto will have a special online event on December 20 to commemorate the 20th anniversary of… I'm not entirely sure what. She debuted with MM in 1999, and then she debuted as a soloist in 2001. Maybe it's the anniversary of the announcement that she was becoming a soloist. I can't confirm a date for that.

Anyhow…

TL;DW – It's actually two events back-to-back, first a "live event" and then a "game event", and there are separate tickets and goods for each event…

https://estream.stores.jp/?category_id=5f87b1a6d24eee6e6c817f00

EDIT: Video was taken down and then uploaded again.

Maki announces that Fujimoto Miki and Yasuda Kei will be special guests for her on-line/streaming event in a week.

I can't tell if the guests will be in person with Maki or not though. That parts a bit unclear.
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby Amped » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:24 am

Today, Morning Musume. OG Sayashi Riho was featured on Sanma-san's variety quiz show on NTV "Daremo Shiranai Akashiya Sanma." It's about his cool words of wisdom he gave to Sayashi on LINE chat, when she tried to make a decision to go abroad for dance school at age 17. She took those encouraging words to heart.

It's been awhile since Sayashi appeared in a variety TV show

Mizuki watched the show and saw him as a cool father figure
https://ameblo.jp/morningmusume-9ki/ent ... 58117.html
Amped
High Priest

Postby PikoAshy » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:19 am

Zunu wrote:
It's hard to believe it's been 17 years since that song came out. Back in those days Nakashima practically lived in the Music Station studio, she was there so often. Anyway, she (Mika) is a true diva with an idiosyncratic vocal quality that you either love or dislike, and if you like her, as I do, then she can't really be rivaled in terms of her performances. But Goto's no slouch here; her voice has matured like wine. I'd definitely listen to an album of her covers.

I have to agree, everytime I hear a cover it just doesn’t compare. That said Mika is one of my favorites and I get giddy that H!P and now Maki has covered her song
PikoAshy
Acolyte

Postby Celedam » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:49 am

Amped wrote:Hirose Ayaka makes a happy announcement on her youtube channel :

She is going to have her first solo live "Hirose Ayaka First Live" on December 15th and it will be broadcasted live on Skyperfect TV! On Demand channel. Details announced later.

Preview…

Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:17 am

Goto tries an abdominal muscle stimulator…

---

Fujimoto makes Christmas ornaments…

---

Tsuji prepares to launch a new children's clothing brand…

This is in coordination with "SHOPLIST.com by CROOZ", which appears to be a "turnkey internet storefront" sort of thing. (More buzzwords!)

---

Takahashi surprises her manager at home…

This one looks like it's actually paid promotion for エステー (S.T. Corporation), the maker of deodorizers and repellents for whom Takahashi and Tanaka have been doing CMs. But they're certainly not straining themselves to make that clear.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:32 pm

on her new blog, Miyamoto Karin takes a very deep look back at the time when Juice=Juice was announced to debut in June 2013 and suddenly Otsuka Aina decides to leave and Karin got a fracture in her foot. She explains what happened and how frustrated she felt at the time. She also thanked Ishida Ayumi for dancing on her behalf for the "Ijiwaru Shinaide Dakishimete yo" dance shot.
https://ameblo.jp/miyamotokarin-officia ... 55249.html
Amped
High Priest

Postby claneksi » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:31 pm

Also check out her previous (and future) posts too. She basically wrote a series of mini auto-biography, with description of events that happened around her life since before she joined H!P Egg, some juice=juice behind the scenes from her pov, what she thought about them at that period, etc. She write them in chronological order. Today's post was about the Japan Records Award, Naruchika, first live house tour, how she felt about herself among the members. She's trying to make it as light hearted as possible, but you can tell how hard she was on herself back then. ;(
claneksi
Senior Initiate

Postby JonCC » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:42 pm

Next OG to open a Youtube channel is Kago Ai.

JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby boinsie » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:07 am

^ First video includes a very nice new upbeat jazzy arrangement for RR21 with live band. Second video is reminiscing about old times with Morning Musume, Tsunku, and Tsuji. :heart:

... and, speaking of Tsuji and RR21, Non also has a ver of RR21 on her own channel at the moment, but it's an odotte mitai with... v-tuber Kizuna Ai. :hehe:

boinsie
Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project