The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby koregaboku » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:58 am

Suzuki Toru (Airi's pops) recently won a PGA (Professional Golf Association (I think)) Senior Tour.

Airi has been giving him shoutouts on her Insta which I just find cute.

PGA Japan uploaded his winners speech- https://www.instagram.com/p/CERE-zCJk5L ... ee2lypgsij

If we're being honest though- I lowkey pay attention because Airi's brother is sometimes the caddy and uhm, Airi and her brother just got really lucky in the gene pool. Lmao.
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby Amped » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:17 am

Upfront would like thank everyone who participated in Tsubaki Factory's cheki events on 7/20, 7/26, 7/29, 7/30 in COTTON CLUB and Bellesalle Shibuya Garden. The staff at those venues were responsible for submitting contact tracing information conducted at those events. One month has passed since those events and they got back zero coronavirus infections reported from public health centers. Therefore, they will dispose of that information now. They like to thank everyone who participated in the events and their cooperation in preventing the spread of the coronavirus.
http://www.helloproject.com/news/12326/
Amped
High Priest

Postby otaku_blue » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:25 pm

Rather than just relying on Tsunku, I really like how Upfront has focused more recently on building up their own in house producers/composers now that we love. Not only am I a fan of Hello Project and Tsunku, but I also now enjoy Hoshibe Sho, Takui, KAN and the other guy that does the EDM.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Zunu » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:15 pm

Not to mention at least 2 performance level pianists among the girls themselves, plus another few who have been actively cultivating some degree of musical performance or creativity outside of bog standard vocals.(Momohime, Masaki, Yokohama, Yuhane... ) Plus notable dance and art skills from several of the girls. It’s really much more of a true talent agency as opposed to just an idol agency, compared to back in the day.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Amped » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:49 pm

H!P has figured out how to safely perform in a concert setting with their ballad idea, but other artists are still trying to figure it out and forced to perform online still.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:25 pm

Tsubaki Factory's Konya Dake Ukaretakatta MV has reached 3 million views and Ogata Risa acknowledges its on her blog and Instagram story. She is really happy and thanks everyone.
https://www.instagram.com/risa__ogata.official/
https://ameblo.jp/tsubaki-factory/entry ... 40685.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8Y7QBhU6Co
Amped
High Priest

Postby JonCC » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:22 pm

Good news for H!P groups:

Finally getting some streaming points on that combined chart.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Amped » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:37 pm

Took them long enough. Billboard Japan implements it already.

It gives incentive now for H!P fans to keep watching the MVs. Look like Tsubaki Factory's MVs will be the first, but the "Ima Nanji?" MV doesn't look like it will make a impact.

Standard youtube user watching the MV will contribute to one third of a point on Oricon and need to watch it 3 times for it to be a full one point. Premium youtube users watching it once will give it one point.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:30 pm

Reading further in the comments, it only applies to users based in Japan - which I guess should've been a given, since it's Oricon.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby JonCC » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:49 am

Two developments I've been enjoying immensely:

-The birthday fanclub event streams they started doing after the actual event. Finally we have these in 1080p. The days of getting a digest on Youtube in HD, but knowing you'd be restricted to DVD quality for the final product are over (for now).
- The many offerings on the Japanese Amazon Kindle store. Not just the photobook re-releases, but the magazines that feature H!P (Manga Action, FLASH, FRIDAY, Young Magazine,...). As an overseas fan it never made any sense to buy a thick manga magazine for just a few pictures. Scans are possible, but are infrequent and not always good quality. But now, a few 100 yen on Amazon & a quick little de-DRM work and you get all the images you care about in excellent quality. The big king however, UTB & UTB+ is still missing.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project