The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby Amped » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:23 am

In an interview talking about idols, Guitarist Marty Friedman talked about how talented Matsuura Aya was. He says Matsuura and Tsunku was a miracle combo. She became a special idol under his production. Then Marty starts talking about Hello! Project.

Marty "There are many talented idols in Hello! Project like Morning Musume."

Marty "Hello Pro has an image of polishing raw gem stones. The direction may be strict, but the songwriting is very solid and the girls are cute but not only just cute. I've only worked with Hello Pro a little bit, but I'm a fan, so I always want to do more work with them."

https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/entame/kikaku/2067828/
Amped
High Priest

Postby erilaz » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:31 am

^ Marty Friedman's official website still has a list of "Marty's Faves" from 28 July 2006, which includes W and "anything produced by Tsunku". His "Song of the Month" list includes tracks by Matsuura Aya, W, and Tanpopo.

https://www.martyfriedman.com/info_detail.php?id=5
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Threa

Postby Zunu » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:57 pm

Amped wrote:
Zunu wrote:I just don't get the short-sightedness of Japanese media companies in taking down these kinds of uploads, which will surely be stuck in a vault and never be seen again, instead of just monetizing the post, and using them as grassroots popularizers. These kinds of miserly missteps are surely part of the reason why kpop is eating jpop's lunch.

NHK doesn't like anybody re-uploading their shows to youtube. J-MELO does not upload to youtube. UPFRONT has no control over their performances on J-MELO. NHK World only puts videos on their official on demand site which was recently implemented not long ago.

The only time NHK World allows a J-MELO performance is when they are showcasing the show for new viewers. They only upload 1 video.
https://www.youtube.com/c/NHKWORLDJAPAN ... ery=j-melo

I appreciate the response, but my whining about the short-sightedness of ‘media companies” was regarding the short-sightedness of the video rights holder (NHK), not of the performer (Up-Front). Obviously NHK are doing the takedowns, just as they do with non-H!P stuff. I just don’t see the point of it all. It seems to me as indicative of a rigidly parsimonious attitude that has in the long run hurt Japan’s cultural cachet. Back in the day, Japanese anime and manga, live-action, and music were huge on the nascent internet, essentially via piracy. Anime and manga adapted, and are now ubiquitous with multiple avenues of legitimate international distribution.The other stuff has been comparatively marginalized. Seems like a missed economic opportunity. I get that in the short run, they probably feel obligated to exercise due diligence in protecting their IP, and that’s that.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby otaku_blue » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:01 pm

I understand the sentiment "if it's not broke, don't fix it", but when things are too cookie cutter and formulaic with new releases it becomes kinda forgettable for me. It'd be nice to see HP shake things up again like 2012 and please change their jacket/photoshop department.

Not sure why the Graphic Design department seems to put more effort towards Angerme but falls short for other groups

^
I agree. I'd like to see this changed too but I think it only impacts international fans really.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:45 pm

With everything going on I don't know if it's realistic to expect it, but I hope UF still has at least Tsubaki and BEYOOOOONDS perform at TIF2020. It'd be nice to see the Kenshuusei Unit perform again too.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:21 pm

I remember when Kobushi/Tsubaki started people compared Kobushi to Berryz and Tsubaki to C-ute, but I think stylistically Tsubaki is 100% Berryz and Kobushi was 100% C-ute. Especially with the synth-type music, which is essentially what Berryz had through their existence
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Amped » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:13 pm

Three talents who are big Morning Musume fangirls (Ichikawa Saya - fashion model, Inuyama Kamiko - a writer, and Ogawa Sara - actress 市川沙耶 犬山紙子 小川紗良) will appear on the popular show "Konya Kurabete Mimashita" to explain why they love Morning Musume so much. They give reasons why the women are getting into Morning Musume using a chronological table. They discuss the fan topic of the "mysterious lyrics". Airs September 2nd on Nihon TV.

https://www.ntv.co.jp/konkurabe/
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:00 pm

It looks like Morning Musume. '20 will not sing on 24hr TV Charity Marathon this weekend (Since they are busy with the H!P concert). It would have been 15th gen's first appearance. Instead they played a VTR ranking list of an old appearance of Morning Musume performing Love Machine from 2014.

Last year, Morning Musume appeared around 9am, without 15th gen.

Enjoy this instead
Amped
High Priest

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:59 pm

Aw, that's disappointing. I suppose that falls in line with a lot of 2020 at this point though.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:03 pm

Amped wrote:Three talents who are big Morning Musume fangirls (Ichikawa Saya - fashion model, Inuyama Kamiko - a writer, and Ogawa Sara - actress 市川沙耶 犬山紙子 小川紗良) will appear on the popular show "Konya Kurabete Mimashita" to explain why they love Morning Musume so much. They give reasons why the women are getting into Morning Musume using a chronological table. They discuss the fan topic of the "mysterious lyrics". Airs September 2nd on Nihon TV.

https://www.ntv.co.jp/konkurabe/

Preview

Tsunku will be a VTR guest. Fukumura Mizuki and Makino Maria will also make a surprise guest appearance.
https://tv.yahoo.co.jp/program/76224617/
https://www.ntv.co.jp/program/detail/?p ... d=20203002
https://www.ntv.co.jp/konkurabe/article ... jhald.html
Last edited by Amped on Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amped
High Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project