OG (Graduated Members) / M-line Club / M-line Music

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: OG (Graduated Members) Thread

Postby Amped » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:49 am

Ogata Haruna (YouTuber) will be appear on a show called "Suimoku Channel" on BS-TBS channel. As a former idol of Morning Musume, she warns about dangerous diet and shares her experience story. Airs 7/23.

https://www.bs-tbs.co.jp/entertainment/suimoku/
https://tv.so-net.ne.jp/schedule/200161 ... 300.action
Amped
High Priest

Postby koregaboku » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:59 am

A bit of a summary of thoughts:

Riho- is it safe to say that she's fully back in the entertainment world again? Public Insta+ Regular Column+ Stage Play seems like a pretty solid indication that Riho plans on sticking around for a bit. I don't really count her time as a dancer for Baby Metal since it was still done pretty under the radar. Do we know if Riho has signed to new management? She must have right? (Even if it's a small company.)

Harunan+ Haruka- honestly, I'm pleasantly surprised by their post-MM careers. I expected them to fade into the former-idol ether but they both seem to have transitioned pretty well. It's also nice to see with Harunan that she's still regularly engaging with H!P given the bit of distance other former idols have placed with their past.

Also, it's been so long since I've seen Haruka with long hair that I almost didn't recognize her.

Ogata- She's definitely a YouTuber now. Hopefully she can continue to build success as one. I definitely applaud her for speaking about her eating disorder because mental health seems to be rarely talked about in Japan so it definitely takes guts.
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:18 pm

I don't think it's impossible that Riho is just freelance for the moment.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Zunu » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:45 pm

Airi's "hidden camera" Suzuki family gyoza party

OK I'm hungry now.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby JonCC » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:47 pm

Ichii Sayaka writes about an experience her daughter had at school
https://neotokyo2099.com/2020/07/16/ich ... 0E2ES9Iu_g
Former Morning Musume member Ichii Sayaka, now blogger/political hopeful, posted on Twitter about her daughter receiving a notice from the school to dye her hair black.

Because her daughter’s hair color changes on its own and she swims a lot, her daughter must adhere to the school rules that her hair is black including the tips of her hair and was instructed to dye it black.

Her daughter had a a hair test again the next day, her daughter said that if she should dye her hair but Ichii refused and told the teacher that she’s not going to dye her hair’s daughter black. It’s a disgrace to her dignity as an individual.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Amped » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:03 pm

How Ogata Haruna gained so much weight overeating uncontrollably after her diet episode
Amped
High Priest

Postby Celedam » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:27 am

^ Yeah, that’s how eating disorders often go, unfortunately.

I genuinely wondered if there would be a “chapter two”. Overeating and becoming fat doesn’t get the same... attention? pity? ...as starving to become thin, because the latter demonstrates a weird sort of discipline that people admire, even if they’ll never admit it. So I’m glad to see she’s telling the whole story.

I also suspect she’s had counseling for these issues. To be able to speak about them so frankly and publicly, and to a primarily Japanese audience, she must have first spent a long time working them out privately.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby erilaz » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:09 am

Her daughter had a a hair test again the next day, her daughter said that if she should dye her hair but Ichii refused and told the teacher that she’s not going to dye her hair’s daughter black.

Neo-Tokyo 2099 seriously needs a copy editor.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Celedam » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:20 am

TaaNon dance to "Booo!" by TOKOTOKO, featuring the vocaloid singer Una Otomachi…

It's another meme: the song is about domestic arguments like "Who ate the last pudding?" and "Did you forget what day it is?", so of course lots of Japanese celebrity couples have been doing videos like this. TaaNon are actually late to the game, but damned if they aren't the cutest.

For reference…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcoWIZVaBNc
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:51 pm

The final round of Ichii Sayaka's idol group audition will be streamed through the mysta app on 7/26.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project