The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby JonCC » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:14 pm

Tweet 1 one is doable, Tweet 2 is ridiculous considering the amount of people who show up at these events.It would literally take all day.
Let them go without handshake events for a while and see how it goes. ANGERME's new single isn't holding any.
Let's try and go without them for as long as possible.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Amped » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:00 pm

1. They should put a safety glass 2. They should put a safety glass. How hard is it to just not have handshake events and just wave to each other instead?

Seriously though, H!P knows how keep everyone safe. They'll figure it out.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Sohee » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:27 pm

UF knows how to deal with this so I'm not worried.
Handshake events should probably be put on hold in general, anyway. Waving goodbye after live house performances and stuff should be a thing though.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby JonCC » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:46 pm

JonCC wrote:Cautious first step. Good.
Seems like they are taking it seriously when it comes to safety measures.

Because this is far from over: https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/ ... -19-cases/

Tokyo reported 47 new cases of the novel coronavirus Sunday, the first time the capital has recorded over 40 infections in a single day since May 5, media reported.
It is a steep rise from 24 the previous day and the fourth straight day that the capital has recorded at least 20 cases. Sunday’s figure, which brings the total number of cases reported in Tokyo to 5,544, comes as the capital tries to get its battered economy back on track by further easing business restrictions. Many of the recent cases have been reported from nightlife spots, especially host clubs, in the Shinjuku entertainment district.

Following measures also apply to live houses, which is relevant for H!P:
To address such concerns, Yasutoshi Nishimura, the Cabinet minister in charge of dealing with the pandemic, announced new guidelines Saturday on operations at nightlife establishments.
The guidelines call on operators to keep the contact information of customers for about a month and maintain an interpersonal distance of at least 1 to 2 meters, if possible.
Subject to the guidelines are cabarets and other hospitality services, live music venues and nightclubs.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/ ... uW8MIEzbUI
As for live music venues, high-fives with the audience are to be avoided, while nightclubs are urged to adjust the volume of music to the minimum level to prevent customers from talking loudly and thus protect them against catching droplets of the virus through face-to-face socializing.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby erilaz » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:11 am

Sohee wrote:Waving goodbye after live house performances and stuff should be a thing though.

Isn't it already a thing? Hasn't it always been a thing?

One of the things that I would find most disruptive to standard operating procedures is the directive for "no singing/chanting by the audience". It's so much a part of the H!P concert experience (or the idol concert experience in general) that for me it would be disconcerting to attend such a concert without chants in the expected places.

Or maybe people will learn how to yell "Aisaretai! Aisaretai!" in Japanese Sign Language during "Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke"?
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Sohee » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:42 am

^It is a thing or at least it was. I meant more, that they should keep doing that despite the whole covid situation.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby Amped » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:28 am

Baseball in Japan has officially started. H!P members that love baseball like Makino Maria will be pretty thrilled.

I saw on news report that instead of high fives after a home-run, the player is congratulated with air-high fives without touching anyone. The players didn't wear masks but all staff had to wear them.

I like their idea they implemented where fan can submit photos of themselves and they are displayed as big panels in audience in the empty stands. They also had sounds where it mimics everyone cheering.

Outside the venues, they put up portable big screens so fans can watch, while everyone is sitting on the grass, far apart and spaces are marked between them.

I'm feeling optimistic that H!P can successfully can some creative things to keep everyone safe and still have fun.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:23 pm

Small outdoor concerts, here we come.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby koregaboku » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:43 pm

I've been looking at watching the fanmade lists/surveys for the SoloFes and it feels like Itoshiku Kurushii Yoru ni comes up a lot.

Is there something about this song that I've missed? It's a pretty deep cut so I'm surprised to see it so much. I know some album songs have bubbled up and become H!P staples (Dearest comes to mind) but prior to this Itoshiku barely registered. Have I missed the bus?

Also, Watashi no Miryoku ni is popping up here and there which is pleasant surprise. I still love Aika and hope she's living a crazy fulfilling life.

Edit. Also Fantasy ga Hajimaru comes to mind but I hesitate to call that a deep cut because I feel like it immediately established itself as a fanfave. In retrospect I really question why it wasn't a single- it could've had a super dope MV (granted it would've been during the tiny budget, single costume era of H!P...)
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby Shoujo Q » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:46 pm

Itoshiku Kurushii Kono Yoru ni Is such an amazing song. I’m still pretty bitter that Eri never got to sing it because she sounds amazing in it. If anyone does sing it, I hope they do a great job of it. The whole Fantasy album feels like it was given to Morning Musume last minute and was meant for something else. Which is why I personally like when other groups get a go at any of the songs on it.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project