The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby Celedam » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:00 am

Ditto. CD Japan is the gold standard.

Some people are put off by the shipping costs, but you get what you pay for and the alternatives are worse.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Moh » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:25 am

Thanks, guys!

I already had an account with them and Google's had my password saved for it for 5 years. Okay then. :lol:
I added 6 albums (1 non-H!P) to my cart. I'll have to do the purchase later, though.
My bank is pretty particular about international transactions, so I'll have to link it to PayPal and transfer some funds to it. Hopefully some of the items will still be in stock.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby JonCC » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:03 pm

Celedam wrote:Some people are put off by the shipping costs, but you get what you pay for and the alternatives are worse.

Their points system offsets that to a degree. Every now and then I get a 'freebie'. :grin:
They also have a large variety of shipping options. I pick DHL which is on the more expensive side, but that's mainly so I can pay any import fees beforehand and not cash at the door.
I used unregistered SAL for years before that though and never had a problem.

Moh wrote: so I'll have to link it to PayPal and transfer some funds to it. Hopefully some of the items will still be in stock.

I usually use PayPal as well.
If you link your account you can even switch items between different orders (something I've found myself doing more than I thought I would) just like when you use a credit card.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Celedam » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:04 am

From another thread…

koregaboku wrote:And... Another MM. single that I can't immediately remember any part of the melody.

I can vaguely recall "a gonna" from "A gonna" and a bit of "Jama Shinai de Here We Go" but that's about it.

:/

Okay, so it's not just me.

I remember parts of "Seishun Night" because it's still fairly recent. I remember parts of "Are you Happy?" because it was so unusual. I remember the raps from "Jealousy Jealousy" because they were fun to watch. And I remember the bridge from "BRAND NEW MORNING" because it was so freaking epic.

But everything else from the last few years is an undifferentiated smear. I just went to their YouTube channel page to look at the thumbnails, to see if any of them sparked memories of the actual songs, and I got nothing.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby JonCC » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:24 am

I don't know, if anything it made the most recent concert have a very nice flow to it.
All the recent songs really go well from one to the other, they can just go full speed, with an 'older' song strategically inserted here and there.
From the perspective of someone who mainly buys concert Blu-rays I have very little issue with it.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Celedam » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:11 am

Yeah, that's fair.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby B8067HC » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:17 am

Feel bad for Country Girls, especially for Risa chan & Ozeko. They (CG) release the "last album", but the promotion was very poor, even during the release date, Chii-chan & Musubu busy with other group schedule.

And looked how the publication of the Yoyogi Concert (JJ & MM) or BEYOOOOONDS sanrio concert overshadowed the last Country Girls release.

The sales figure also very bad, i guess management want to kill them quickly, so sad...
B8067HC
Senior Initiate

Postby Amped » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:14 pm

That is ridiculous. Yoyogi or BEYOOOOONDS Sanrio event has nothing to do with Country Girls's release.
Amped
High Priest

Postby yumepin » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:07 pm

Amped wrote:That is ridiculous. Yoyogi or BEYOOOOONDS Sanrio event has nothing to do with Country Girls's release.

Agreed. UF might have the tendency to overly push some members and give groups with hype extra spotlight but I don't see what that has to do with Country Girls. If anything I'd say UF has been very lenient. There aren't many idol companies that'd allow a group to go on that long of a hiatus while simultaneously allowing them to do events and perform at seasonal concerts. I'm not saying UF has a perfectly clean slate (at all), I myself would've loved to see more of Country Girls, but it seems this speedy sendoff is completely due to the members wishes and situations. :sad: Besides, Country Girls have strongly dedicated fans who've been supporting this release hard. I'm sure we'll see more of them now that we're heading into the new year anyway..
✾: 岸本ゆめの εїз: 橋迫鈴 ❦: 松永里愛 ∞: 島倉りか, 山﨑夢羽 ☁: 横山玲奈 ★: 北原もも 研修生: 松原ユリヤ, 平山遊季 ♥: 工藤遥, 福田花音

コンクリートの向こう側へ
yumepin
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: 岸本ゆめの

Postby Amped » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:14 pm

Popular drummer Yamauchi "Masshoi" has passed away at age 37. He recorded for many artists like Morning Musume. and C-ute. His name appears in the instrumental credits most recently for ANGERME's Desugita Kui wa Utarenai, Dondengaeshi, and Tomo yo
https://wikiredia.tk/wiki/%E5%87%BA%E3% ... F%E3%81%97

angela, Ikimonogakari, Wake Up, Girls! , Maeda Uchida, Aimer, Oyoshi Shimayoshi, Ayaka Ohashi, Okazaki Physical Education, Masami Okui, C-ute, Hiroyuki Sawano, SMAP, Sexy Zone, Azusa Tadokoro, Minori Sugawara, Do As Infinity, Animal Biscuit x PPP, Takashi Nishikawa, Namikura Manami, Hikasa Yoko, MYTH & ROID, Mizuki Nana, Minase Inori, May'n, Morning Musume. , Momoiro Clover Z, LiSA, Roselia.
https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2150665/full/

He appeared in Upcoming recording sessions a few times for C-ute and ANGERME songs
Amped
High Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project