The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby Shoujo Q » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:19 pm

I’m sure UF sat the girls down and told them. If you want to leave do it now or wait till after the Olympics and Paralympics. Logistics are going to be a nightmare for the company. I really wonder what H!Ps summer schedule will be like?
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby resop2 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:24 am

CaptainBerryzGiraffe wrote:How has Erippon not graduated yet? Seems so strange that Duu and Haruna (and now so many others... Kana, Wada, Rina, etc.) are graduating before her :O

Eripon will graduate when she decides that she can no longer become cuter.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby Jessi » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:59 am

I dont know... I feel like the girls who stay the longest do so because they don't have anything special they would rather be doing otherwise. Like what would Eripon do? Is she into modeling? Fashion? She probably doesn't want to play golf professionally. I can't see her doing a solo career (not because I wouldn't support her, but I'm not sure she would be happy doing it) Is she in college? Does she have a area of interest shes focused on on the side? Those kind of girls just stay until they start feeling like they are too old to keep it going... or they meet a guy and feel ready to date or marry. Fukuchan stays I think because she really just loves MM and H!P and is very happy where she is for now. Otherwise the other older girls just aren't ready. Riho had dance... Kudo had acting... sometimes they just finish their contract and decide idol life isn't for them. But for the girls who do like being an idol and feeling comfortable... if they have nothing else they feel like doing why leave? Now, I always felt Eripon would end up leaving just because she was unhappy being an idol (she seems to have self confidence issues) but thats a different thing.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby koregaboku » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:17 am

I'm out of the loop, what/where has Eripon made comments recently?

And without seeming them quite yet, I agree that I think Eripon is in limbo. She doesn't seem particularly happy lately but also doesn't have anything to jump ship to like some of the other girls have had.
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby Zunu » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:13 am

Jumping ship can be scary as well. I had a sucky time in high school and couldn't wait for it to be over, but I know plenty of people who were really close with their clique and felt popular and empowered in high school. They had some pangs of regret leaving it behind to go work at Applebee's or whatever while they were figuring out to do with their life. Right now Eripon is an elite member of an elite idol organization. Is it all downhill from here? she might be wondering. I was reading the other day that American gymnast Simone Biles is planning to retire after the 2020 Tokyo Olympics and, although she will almost certainly be financially set with endorsements, there must be a part of her thinking how hard it will be for her to ever live up to her own accomplishments in the many years she has in her adult life. Eripon's only a few months younger than Simone, and if, as Shoujo Q alludes to above, she also retires after the Olympics, it'll be oddly parallel journeys they will follow.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:57 pm

koregaboku wrote:I'm out of the loop, what/where has Eripon made comments recently?

And without seeming them quite yet, I agree that I think Eripon is in limbo. She doesn't seem particularly happy lately but also doesn't have anything to jump ship to like some of the other girls have had.
That's funny, to me it's seemed like she's been more engaged / having more fun lately. The recent talk has been chatter on radio shows.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Sohee » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:37 pm

I have a feeling that once Eripon graduates she'll be a variety talent who does modelling cause man she's good at that.

Having that said, I feel like it seems that she has finally found herself again after having a bit of a down period (kinda like Katsuta did ever since forever), and these days it seems like she's quite enjoying the senpai role and all. I could see her leave in 2021 or late 2020 though.
But who knows. She's not stupid though, she definitely won't leave without a good plan.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby Amped » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:39 am

Chuo University (Tokyo) Hakumon Autumn Festival 2019 11.2.19

Chuo Hello Pro Dance Circle '19 Odotte mita performance

setlist :

~01:05 01. Tokaikko Junjou (°C-ute)
~04:37 02. 21-ji made no Cinderella (Berryz)
~07:18 03. Suki yo, Junjou Hankouki. (S/mileage)
~11:01 04. Rival (Berryz)
~14:46 05. Mr.Moonlight ~Ai no Big Band~ (Morning Musume.)
~18:32 encore Koi wa Accha Accha (ANGERME)

------

Chuo University Hello Pro Unidol "Churryz '19" performance @ Hakumon Autumn Festival 2019

Former Kenshuusei Okamura Rise "Okamuu" (Lavender outfit) in her 2nd year with the Unidol group. She has been selected to perform in the next major Unidol event.

another angle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vbAJ4K8rjQ

setlist :

1. Jiyuu na Kuni Dakara / Morning Musume. '18
2. Date ja nai yo Uchi no Jinsei wa / Juice=Juice
3. Eighteen Emotion / S/mileage
4. The Power / ℃-ute
5. Kiss Yori Saki ni Dekiru Koto / Country Girls
6. CRAZY ABOUT YOU / Minimoni.
7. Kindan Shoujo / Juice=Juice
8. Nippon no D・N・A / BEYOOOOONDS
Amped
High Priest

Postby Jessi » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:15 am

Nayoko-Kihara wrote:
koregaboku wrote:I'm out of the loop, what/where has Eripon made comments recently?

That's funny, to me it's seemed like she's been more engaged / having more fun lately. The recent talk has been chatter on radio shows.

Kindergarten teacher huh? Well that shows she's thinking about it, although it doesn't sound like shes decided on anything just yet. She probably is enjoying the Senpai role and that's keeping her going (plus It seems her and Fukuchan have a strong relationship), but it still seems overall she's not a big fan of the idol life (even if she is probably making the most of it - not happy but not miserable either) especially if she's thinking Kindergarten teacher as a backup plan. I don't see her doing anything the industry when she leaves tbh. Though I wouldn't be surprised if she just remained indecisive and stuck it out the full 3 years just because the time flew by without her realizing it.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby Tobo_Junny135 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:12 pm

I personally don’t want Eripon to leave just yet. She’s become somewhat a favourite to me now. But she’s being pushed to the back :/
I can’t think of a song in which she had the spotlight apart from 9th gen’s debut song
Tobo_Junny135
Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project