OG (Graduated Members) / M-line Club / M-line Music

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: OG (Graduated Members) Thread

Postby koregaboku » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:34 pm

Celedam wrote:
koregaboku wrote:Mikitty basically (re-?)confirms that she could care less about H!P/having been an idol.

And yet she keeps coming back every couple years to perform either "Romantic Ukare Mode" or "Boogie Train '03". She doesn't need the money, so…

Would it be better if I clarified my statement and said she could care less about current H!P? And from what I gather, she very much enjoys being a star in her own right, hence why she'll periodically sing her own solo stuff. I'm guessing group activities like Dream MM were more voluntold than voluntary.

And I agree, I don't particularly see it as bitchy either (at least not current Miki). Just very frank/refreshingly honest about her experience- I think most idols/idol management want to push the idea that they're all friends and are idols because they love it but most of us probably recognize that as not being true. It's still a job and you don't have to be (and probably impossible) friends with everybody.

This is especially true of larger idol groups like AKB and H!P as a total- given the number of individuals there have got to be certain members who simply don't like one another. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby Celedam » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:05 pm

koregaboku wrote:Would it be better if I clarified my statement and said she could care less about current H!P?

That is clearer, yes.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby RpgN » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:06 pm

Sohee wrote:I wouldn't say Miki comes off as bitchy and selfcentered today, but she probably was back in the day.
Then again, like she's said several times, the point of being a performer is to stand out and be a star -- which is something she lives to 100%. When she was talking to Oda and Makino she mentioned how she thinks it's too bad that the girls don't try to stand out more these days cause to someone who doesn't know who's who, they all seem the same at concerts while back in the day when Miki was in, it was all about standing out and getting attention etc because while you're in the group and work for the group, you're all rivals, too.
Which I definitely agree with - I'd love it if the girls tried to stand out and promote their individuality more. Ikuta is basically the only one doing that these days, though I get the feeling that the company is focusing more on individual members these days rather than THE GROUP so hopefully we'll see more of it.

Is it better to act more like rivals though? The girls were rivals and trying to stand-out harder before indeed. Don’t you think this has led to more negative behaviours that did not benefit the group?

It seems that the current groups are getting along better. Focusing on becoming stronger as a whole and in turn making everyone successful. You can still see rivalry and standing out between different groups, which feels more healthy to the girls to me.

At least that’s the impression I’m getting.
RpgN
Acolyte

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:34 pm

Some summarized chunks from the Miki x Mano video in this twitter thread.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Sohee » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:09 pm

^
^ It's a matter of different preferences I guess. I'd honestly prefer if the girls would try to stand out a bit more on their own and be more competitive even within the group - especially the larger ones like Angerme and Momusu.

I wouldn't say that being rivals within the group would lead to bad behavior though. I mean, clearly not all of them got along and some tried to stand out more than others, but that itself I doubt lead to anything horribly negative for the group itself? Unless of course I completely missed something. Scandals and troublemakers like Koharu, I don't think have any relation to that tbh.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:54 pm

Katsuta Rina official twitter.
https://twitter.com/rinakatsuta_
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:30 am

When it comes to OGs, it's all about the vlogs now.

Tsuji goes out to dinner with her two older sons, Seia (青空) and Sora (昊空)…

---

"Niina" (Iikubo) starts a new game…

---

Ogata continues her food tour of Japan…

---

Fujimoto reads viewer comments…

---

Natsuyaki goes to a Sailor Moon-themed café…

Apparently this is a semi-official reboot of her Girls Night Out series from a couple years ago.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Zunu » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:49 am

I know a while back Amped was posting clips from Shimamura Uta's InstaLive but I don't recall seeing this one before:

tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:16 pm

I wasn't sure where to put this. The OG thread seemed appropriate enough since it mentions "former members". (Please move it if not.)
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:15 pm

Amped
High Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project