The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby Amped » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:05 am

TV Asahi is moving Music Station's time slot to 9pm on Friday (from 8pm) starting October 2019. This means that now any singer still in high school (Under 18) can't work past 9pm on the show because of the labor curfew law. Unless Music Station grants a leniency or pre-recordings, it will very difficult for young artists to appear.

Matsuko DX's show moving into the 8pm slot.

https://natalie.mu/owarai/news/345097

Hello! Project implements the curfew law at their Hello! Project countdown concerts on New Years eve. Any member under 18 can't appear past 9pm. Usually they make it in time for younger members to clear the stage minutes before 9pm hits.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Tobo_Junny135 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:14 pm

Amped wrote:TV Asahi is moving Music Station's time slot to 9pm on Friday (from 8pm) starting October 2019. This means that now any singer still in high school (Under 18) can't work past 9pm on the show because of the labor curfew law. Unless Music Station grants a leniency or pre-recordings, it will very difficult for young artists to appear.

Matsuko DX's show moving into the 8pm slot.

https://natalie.mu/owarai/news/345097

Hello! Project implements the curfew law at their Hello! Project countdown concerts on New Years eve. Any member under 18 can't appear past 9pm. Usually they make it in time for younger members to clear the stage minutes before 9pm hits.

So basically the Kenshuusei, Hokkaido and half of BEYOOOONDS members and any of the new members right?
Tobo_Junny135
Acolyte

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:57 pm

Pretty much. I know we never have high hopes for Morning Musume appearances in general, but they didn't need another added hurdle. :lol:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:53 pm

From another thread…

Nayoko-Kihara wrote:
Shoujo Q wrote:
Nayoko-Kihara wrote:Something about Chisaki looks different lately, but I can't place what it is.

She’s probably gained more muscle and weight from all the Morning Musume training and also is slowly turning into an adult. She’s also dyed her hair and from time to time doesn’t have bangs. (I like her without)

I guess it could be muscle gain or just her getting older, those things just feel like they should happen gradually and not feel so suddenly different. :lol:

Human metabolism is a funny thing. If you put new demands on it — like almost daily training and performing — then it can flip like a switch. And consider the starting point: modern urban life in the Information Age requires very little physical activity, compared to what we evolved to be capable of.

That's why they've been making such a big deal about strength and endurance training, in the 15th Gen training reports and in Fukumura's Instagram feed. I was just thinking about this a couple days ago. H!P members tend to be extraordinarily fit; defined arms, legs, and abs are common. Not chiseled, of course, but certainly more than you would expect to see in teenage girls and young women.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Shoujo Q » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:10 pm

From Hello!Station~

Ono Mizuho has really blossomed this summer, visually. I barely recognized her till she said her name. I feel bad a bit for not realizing it was her, partly because I like her in Tsubaki Factory. When memorizing the girls of Tsubaki back when they first started performing, my brain called her, the one girl that wasn't the other ones. Meaning, she was basically the last girl I memorized in the group. She has no real defining features that make her stand out like some of the other girls. She's very similar in appearance to Saori, but Saori always had that Karin factor going for her, so I could always pick her out straight away, which is how Mizuho became the last girl I memorized.

Which got me wondering, how does everyone memorize new girls or new groups? I use visual cues and that generally works so long as the girls in question don't do drastic changes between single releases or throughout the season. Main being Hairography which is a BIG thing for me.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby aerosuffly » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:24 am

^ I actually feel like she has been loosing a bit too much weight :(
aerosuffly
Minion

Postby Tobo_Junny135 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:02 pm

Shoujo Q wrote:From Hello!Station~

Ono Mizuho has really blossomed this summer, visually. I barely recognized her till she said her name. I feel bad a bit for not realizing it was her, partly because I like her in Tsubaki Factory. When memorizing the girls of Tsubaki back when they first started performing, my brain called her, the one girl that wasn't the other ones. Meaning, she was basically the last girl I memorized in the group. She has no real defining features that make her stand out like some of the other girls. She's very similar in appearance to Saori, but Saori always had that Karin factor going for her, so I could always pick her out straight away, which is how Mizuho became the last girl I memorized.

Which got me wondering, how does everyone memorize new girls or new groups? I use visual cues and that generally works so long as the girls in question don't do drastic changes between single releases or throughout the season. Main being Hairography which is a BIG thing for me.

I have a knack for remembering faces, even if the girls do drastic hair changes I can still recognise them. Yeah some may have similar appearances. Akane=Sayumi Maria=Kaori Honoka=Chisaki etc But it’s the tiny features that differentiate one member to another
Like with Saori and Mizuho
Mizuho has a more oval shape than Saori for example
Tobo_Junny135
Acolyte

Postby Celedam » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:13 pm

I become familiar with new members more through their personalities than through their appearances. Appearances, and names, come later for me. That's why I already know more about BEYOOOOONDS than I do about Tsubaki Factory. That's also why I had such a hard time with MM 12th Gen when they first joined — Maria was easy enough, but the other three were cyphers to me.

Mizuho stands out to me because she reminds me of Chinami Tokunaga, and Chinami was my favorite member of Berryz Kobo. But if you quizzed me on the other members of Tsubaki Factory, I would get 5 or maybe 6 out of 8, even today.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:29 am

Amped wrote:Tomorrow and next week (8/25, 9/1) on Hyadain's radio show "DAIV TO MUSIC", his guest will be Hello! Project Song writer Hoshibe Sho. His first radio show appearance in 2 years.
https://twitter.com/hoshibesho/status/1 ... 8423259136

Hyadain's show is all about talking with music creators. Listeners of Hyadain can send in messages and hear what both of them have to say.
https://agqr.jp/topics/archives/fm916am ... icmc_6.php
https://www.mouse-jp.co.jp/creator/ss/daiv/dtm/

Hoshibe Sho finally comes out of hiding on Hyadain's show

At one points, his glasses almost comes off.

They listen to different sample music together. Hopefully they can be used in an H!P song someday.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:54 pm

His voice is a little different from what I expected/imagined. :lol:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project