The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby Jessi » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:16 am

So I was reading some of the Japanese comments on the PV on youtube and a lot of people were saying ゆはねかわいい (Yuhane kawaii!) so I honestly think it would be a good idea to push her. I certainly have noticed her as well. She’s shot up to one of my favorites in the group.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:02 pm

I hope Honoka performs at least one Mano song during her birthday event.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Jessi » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:23 am

^

Amped wrote:BEYOOOOONDS Kobayashi Honoka's 19th birthday (8/16) event @ Square Ebara Hiratsuka Hall 8.19.19

Live
1. Tsumetai Kaze to Kataomoi
2. Uchouten LOVE
3. Seishun Bus Guide (As an elementary school kid, she used to watch the anime (Inazuma Eleven) and sing this song together with her brother. On her blog, she says its her favorite song, and her favorite out of the 4 Berryz Kobo Inazuma Eleven theme songs)
4. Akai Freesia
5. Fiesta! Fiesta!

Well there is always next year...
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:07 pm

I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I'm still pretty excited for a few of those. :lol:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:17 am

After watching many of the performances from Hina Fes 2019, it occurs to me that there are no bad singers anymore in H!P. Every member — including members who might have been considered bad in the past — has trained up to a minimum level of technical skill so that she sounds decent in live performances and can handle solo lines. And moving forward, that level of skill appears to be a prerequisite for being added to a group and/or getting a major debut. (Thus the increased importance of the Kenshuusei.) So now, if I don't like a member's singing, it's because I personally don't like the quality or tone of her voice, not because she is unskilled.

We've always said it — and Japanese entertainment industry insiders are also saying it now — but things like this demonstrate it: H!P is the classiest operation in the idol biz.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Moh » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:35 am

Honestly the most surprising vocals to me were from Ozeki during the "TOKYO Glider" performance. :lol: Idk when it happened but she definitely had a major improvement since CG debuted.

Sort of off-topic, but I saw that the Japanese version of "PRODUCE 101" tapped a vocal trainer that actually did some work with H!P. There's hope for those PD101 trainees yet. :fear:
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Amped » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:07 pm

I'm hearing a lot of Japanese media and commercials say Tokyo Ni Zero Ni Zero (2020) Olympics instead of the long Nisen Nijuunen or Twenty Twenty (2020)

Next year, Morning Musume should take advantage of the Olympic year and call themselves Morning Musume. '2020 (Ni Zero Ni Zero instead of Two Zero).
Amped
High Priest

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:18 pm

Moh wrote:Honestly the most surprising vocals to me were from Ozeki during the "TOKYO Glider" performance. :lol: Idk when it happened but she definitely had a major improvement since CG debuted.

Sort of off-topic, but I saw that the Japanese version of "PRODUCE 101" tapped a vocal trainer that actually did some work with H!P. There's hope for those PD101 trainees yet. :fear:
Ozeki has definitely stepped up her game over the last little while. The fact that Sugai-san might be on vocal trainer duty makes me wish even more that it was female focused instead of male.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Tobo_Junny135 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:45 pm

Amped wrote:I'm hearing a lot of Japanese media and commercials say Tokyo Ni Zero Ni Zero (2020) Olympics instead of the long Nisen Nijuunen or Twenty Twenty (2020)

Next year, Morning Musume should take advantage of the Olympic year and call themselves Morning Musume. '2020 (Ni Zero Ni Zero instead of Two Zero).

I was thinking they would probably call themselves Morning Musume Two Oh because of that Year rule Tsunku added in
I’m now curious wether or not they will call them selves Morning Musume Two Oh, Morning Musume Ni Zero Ni Zero or Morning Musume Two Zero,

Spoiler: show
Plot twist It’s Morning Musume Niju
Tobo_Junny135
Acolyte

Postby erilaz » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:44 pm

And to make matters even more confusing, there's already been a special unit called Morning Musume。 20th.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project