OG (Graduated Members) / M-line Club / M-line Music

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: OG (Graduated Members) Thread

Postby Sohee » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:24 pm

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/article?a ... unshun-ent

So Goto cheated on her husband with one of her ex-boyfriends and her husband is demanding 3.3 million yen from the guy in compensation.

The ex-boyfriend says that her husband has been abusive (DV) and that Goto's and her husband's romantic relationship is over so he doesn't think he did anything wrong.

Goto's agency acknowledged that Goto and her husband are in the middle of setting stuff in court - but didn't give any further details.
When asked about this whole thing, Goto said she had no idea about anything. (To be fair, they asked her when she was WITH her husband yesterday, and if he's abusive... >>)

--

If he's an ass, I hope she gets away from him asap.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:14 pm

Jesus, same. I hope whatever they're settling doesn't involve abuse, but if it does hopefully it can be done and over with quickly and she can get away from him.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby teth » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:39 pm

https://ameblo.jp/gotomaki-923/entry-12446481413.html

Goto officially apologizes.
- Admits sleeping with another guy
- Is trying to work on her marriage
- Says she described her fights with the husband in a way that was misleading

Can OGs stop doing things to tarnish the Momusu brand?
teth
Acolyte

Postby Celedam » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:13 am

OGs are people too. Out of the dozens and dozens of OGs in the wild (I'm counting all of H!P), only a handful of them have had serious problems. That ratio is about the same or better than the general population, which means Up-Front is doing something right. It seems worse than it is simply because they are former celebrities and their problems are considered newsworthy.

Besides, we already knew Goto had problems. First her brother, then her mother, then her hikikomori behavior during her Monster Hunter days…
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby JonCC » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:57 am

It's mostly limited to 'Golden Era' Morning Musume OG's: Yoshizawa, Kago, Yaguchi, Abe, Goto...

And yeah with some of them it's stupid behaviour, while others just have bad things happen to them
Most other H!P OG's manage to do all right however.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Zunu » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:54 pm

Sleeping with another dude isn't an issue limited to OGs, or celebs for that matter. I'd guess that a pretty fair proportion of Western celebs have cheated on their spouses at one time or another, and even if we are huge fans we don't bat an eye over their infidelities. It's just in Japan a 33 year old woman still feels compelled to apologize to her followers for having an affair.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby teth » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:01 pm

Personally I don’t care if she has an affair. But Japanese society does care about such things. And it always affects everyone else. There is a Japanese word 連帯責任 group responsibility for a reason.

All the OGs that caused scandals have made an impact on the brand name. Remember when Yaguchi supposedly ruined their chances at going back to Kouhaku?
teth
Acolyte

Postby Zunu » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:05 am

teth, you're not wrong. I do get the reality of it, I just don't care for it! I'd even go along with it to the extent that OG's benefit from their continued association with H!P, so there should be some reciprocal responsibility to not sully H!P's name by association. So yes, don't commit crimes and stuff. Of course, don't commit crimes anyway, but also, don't commit them and bring shame on the organization that made you what you are. But when it comes to matters of the heart, I just don't think they should fall under that same scrutiny. And they don't exactly...it's not like she's gonna go to jail, but even so there's that whole 1) show of contrition 2) self-ostracization 3) return to public life as a humbler person that is de rigueur in these cases... and I consider the necessity for that whole ritual to be a mildly shitty aspect of Japanese society.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby koregaboku » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:14 am

A little surprised since Maki's public persona lately has been based on her femininity, including being a mother and wife. If her husband is an abuser hopefully they can get a divorce, quickly.

That being said while I can see OGs under the UF* umbrella having an adverse effect on H!P do we think the same is true of technically not affiliated? It feels like common knowledge that Kago and Maki departed UF* so while they might still be mentioned as OGs do they have as a big of an effect vis a vis someone like Yossie or Yaguchi?
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby teth » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:25 pm

While Kago was fired basically, Maki left on her own will. But I think the general public do not then remember such details.

All they know would be "Momusu" ("former" is not important really), causing trouble, again. At least, not great in terms of image. This is even more so since Momusu was able to avoid such scandals for a long while now until recently.

I don't think HP would be terribly too affected but it certainly takes a lot of steam out of all the celebration they were doing so far for the anniversaries. So just like the days when Momusu was not popular to the public during the platinum era, they just need to continue to work on themselves. Hopefully the audition results can be leveraged right for some excitement?
teth
Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project