The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The Pointless H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:12 pm

I expect we might've had a video from the last Kenshuusei show too, with the old format.

The new uploading method would be great if they were following through as solidly as they started, and were at least a little consistent. As it stands though, with the way they're running it, I'd prefer returning to the old long format too. :lol:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Shabranikuduu » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:45 am

I've been thinking the same for a little while now. It's a shame. I hope things pick up. I also miss a lot of the old corners that I think weren't super popular anyway (I mean, I actually enjoyed the yojijukugo corner), and I'd love it if they brought back the cooking corner. Plus with the old format with two or three hosts, we probably would have gotten a better glimpse at the new members than what we've had so far (or at least until they uploaded the name-reveal video). I mean, I'm still waiting for the reaction video to being selected for the new groups for the new-ish girls.
Shabranikuduu
Acolyte

Postby resop2 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:59 am

I wish there was a Utaban style show ANGERME could go on just so that Kana could be teased about her "new image" in the Weekly Champion shoot like Yaguchi Mari was on Utaban.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby Amped » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:23 pm

Someone is manipulating the youtube view count of the Angerme 46okunen LOVE MV and Morning Musume. '18 Jiyuu na Kuni Dakara MV by using a repeat system. Both videos gained hundreds of views in one hour. Its pretty sad it has come down to cheating just to prove the other group's video is doing better.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Celedam » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:14 pm

Amped wrote:Both videos gained hundreds of views in one hour.

Dude, that's really not much in the grand scheme of things. Like Menno said in the other thread, they're getting 20K views every day.

Are there some fans who are constantly playing the videos and therefore boosting the view counts? Yes. But that doesn't mean they're "manipulating" those view counts. Heck, I myself have played "46-okunen LOVE" dozens of times since it was posted, simply because I enjoy it.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Menno » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:23 pm

It's the difference between a remarkable song that really stands out and a standard song that we have already heard before countless times. It's not like nobody is complaining about another similar EDM song for MM.

And it's not like it hasn't happened before, if you look at the 2015 releases only 1 out of 10 released MM'15 music videos has more views then the Taiki Bansei video. It's just that this time it happened so fast as MM songs tend to gain significantly more views just after the video is released compared to the other groups. That's the difference in subscribers and having a bigger mainstream popularity.

It's also not like you don't see the difference in popularity with remarkable MM songs, Utakata Saturday Night! for example has more the twice the views then any S/mileage / Angerme video. It just shows that all H!P groups need a proper over the top disco song from time to time to keep everyone interesting (hint hint hint Up!Front for Kobushi's next single).

On the MM Youtube front, Renai Revolution 21 is very close to become the most watched video on the MM Youtube channel, almost passing the One-Two-Three (dance version) video.
Menno
Minion

Favorite Idol: Ayacho

Postby aerosuffly » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:31 am

Is there such a thing as Hello! Pro meme? Or is meme not a thing in Japan?
aerosuffly
Minion

Postby boinsie » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:11 pm

Not quiiiite what you mean, but... :hehe:
boinsie
Guru

Postby aerosuffly » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:31 pm

^ I think sometimes I don't get meme ...
aerosuffly
Minion

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:40 pm

Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but off the top of my head I can remember "Utakata Saturday Night" turning into a bit of a meme when it came out, mainly through mimicking the text from the PV in other videos. The more or less viral spread of "Romantic Ukare Mode", making it a meme before memes, has been talked about on Jplop before (and I recall Koharu's "Balalaika" being parodied constantly for a while, so maybe that would qualify in the same way though less far-spread).

I'm sure there have been others, but these are what immediately come to mind (or at least the closest things I can think of).
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project