6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Postby Zunu » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:00 pm

She's apparently 1/2 Korean, 1/2 Japanese, also speaks English and I'm guessing, likes Drake a lot.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby erilaz » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:14 pm

TsuShiMaMiRe's 2018 North American Tour began yesterday. Halloween at the Viper Room is really tempting, but I'll settle for San Francisco (two shows?!).

http://tsushimamire.com/en/2018/09/30/post-1664/
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:35 pm

Ayaman JAPAN did an OG Morning Musume parody?
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby TotallyUncool » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:17 pm

erilaz wrote:TsuShiMaMiRe's 2018 North American Tour began yesterday. Halloween at the Viper Room is really tempting, but I'll settle for San Francisco (two shows?!).

http://tsushimamire.com/en/2018/09/30/post-1664/

The Long Beach gig looks good to me - probably better parking (and no driving through Hollywood), and it's on a Friday night (although the idea of Halloween at the Viper Room does have some appeal).
Incidentally, I'm missing Shonen Knife at the Bootleg Theater tonight - I have mixed feelings about it, but I also have too much work to do tonight, and I really don't like driving through the middle of LA (the last time I saw SK was at Alex's Bar in Long Beach, which is a distance, but much easier to deal with).
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby erilaz » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:44 am

One of my friends saw SK in San Francisco Wednesday night and said it was "another GREAT performance." Duh. As I mentioned a couple of months ago, I was unable to go, due to a family obligation. :sad:
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Zunu » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:43 am

Don't know why this Shiina Ringo concert clip of Nagaku Mijikai Matsuri popped into my YT feed all of the sudden but I for one am not complaining. :nosebleed: Except that her co-vocalist Ukigumo looks waaay too satisfied with himself.

Also check the kickass keyboard solo by Hiizumi Masayuki. Dude's a frickin' machine. :cool: Might need to rewatch a few times to take it in fully.

tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby JonCC » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:00 pm

JonCC wrote:Another one bites the dust...
Danceroid to disband
http://www.jpop-idols.com/en/danceroid-disband/

JonCC wrote:Another one bites the dust.
AeLL to go on hiatus for an indefinite period of time.
http://www.jpop-idols.com/en/aell-hiatus/

JonCC wrote:Another one bites the dust.
Vanilla Beans announce disbandment, final live will be in October 2018

https://twitter.com/TGU_JAPAN/status/10 ... 8991551488

And another one gone...
X21 have announced that they will dissolve on November 30th after 6 years together. The idol group was formed from 21 finalists in the 13th Japan Bishōjo Contest and released 12 singles.
https://twitter.com/JPopProjectNews/sta ... 9255706624
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:42 am

Muse x Terry Crews is a great mashup :3

Actually, the meaning behind the video is quite insane.
Lately Muse has been pushed by fans to go back to the style of their original albums bc they were, according to fans, the type of Muse fans wanted to hear. So this release is, well, make of it what you will.

"Rocket Baby Doll" is the concept name for Muse when they did a Battle of the Bands in a local sports center. And this song is exactly what everyone was hoping for in terms of going back in time. Yet the meaning is the opposite.
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby esm » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:44 am

^ Really? I still see fans bitching about how Muse isn't the same as they used to be or whatever even though honestly they've always been consistent in their general musical style and lyrical themes. They're continuing with the trend of doing concept albums in their more recent releases. I'm excited for their new album. It's dumb people think they're better fans if they feel the need to like the older releases better and keep saying it. The band seems to be exploring new ideas and doing their own thing without giving a shit. I mean, I don't know of any band that gives a shit about whiny fans wanting things to be like the old school days or whatever.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:53 am

esm wrote:^ Really? I still see fans bitching about how Muse isn't the same as they used to be or whatever even though honestly they've always been consistent in their general musical style and lyrical themes. They're continuing with the trend of doing concept albums in their more recent releases. I'm excited for their new album. It's dumb people think they're better fans if they feel the need to like the older releases better and keep saying it. The band seems to be exploring new ideas and doing their own thing without giving a shit. I mean, I don't know of any band that gives a shit about whiny fans wanting things to be like the old school days or whatever.

That's the point of this song! They do what they want, but this song is them telling the fans "hey. here you go, now let off thanks"
And I agree, their music seems to me to be pretty similar throughout all the albums!
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project