[10/5] Morning Musume。'14 - Live Concert in New York!

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Morning Musume。'14 Live Concert in New York, 10/5

Postby AyuHikaru » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:48 am

Amped wrote:tickets - June 20th, 9am
http://www.helloproject.com/news/1775/

vip tickets (limit 200)

after the concert, a worldwide handshake event is held. (6pm~7:30pm). buy a CD available at the venue only to participate.

i wish i didn't have to tell you this because this is first come, first serve for tickets. but i'm nice. :think:

...pation
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby erilaz » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:10 pm

PikoAshy wrote:Question~! so if we get a VIP we already get a CD? so do we still have to buy another for the handshake?

Good question! I was wondering about that myself. Hopefully there will be more info when the ticket purchase page is up.

On the question of things to say at the handshake event, I think the hardest part won't be finding something to say, but rather finding something worthwhile to say in the brief time allotted. At the AX autograph session, I didn't really get to say much more to each of the girls than "Welcome to California" (ようこそカリフォルニアへ) and "Thank You" (ありがとう or 谢谢, depending on which members), though I did make a point of telling Linlin how much we appreciated her speaking English.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby forgetmenots » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:09 pm

^ Yeah I was going to say something along the lines of that as well. Especially since this will be handshakes and not autographs... You'll get pushed from one girl to the next VERY quickly. Like... you have time for a thank you and eye contact and then staff is pushing you along to the next one. I remember trying to think of so many things to say, only to find it was impossible to say it (the longest I spent was Haruna asking me what country I was from and barely being able to answer before I got yelled at lol). As for brushing up on Japanese, I think they'd love hearing any language. They'll be able to understand most basic English anyway, and a couple of the girls would probably love the chance to hear and use it with native speakers.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby Mixi » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:59 pm

Random, technical question: do you think backpacks/bags are allowed in the theatre/at the event in general? I just realized I'd have to carry mine along as I can't leave it at the hotel. I'm asking because of the new safety restrictions at handshake events.
Mixi
Minion

Favorite Idol: 和田彩花

Postby Shoujo Q » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:56 pm

Going to the website. I found in the FAQ section. So this is one of their rules, not UF.

All bags must be checked in one of our three coat rooms upon entering the venue. There is a $3.00 cost associated with checking any item.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Zunu » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:10 am

Mixi wrote:Random, technical question: do you think backpacks/bags are allowed in the theatre/at the event in general? I just realized I'd have to carry mine along as I can't leave it at the hotel. I'm asking because of the new safety restrictions at handshake events.

Curious..what's the reason you can't leave it at the hotel?
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby esm » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:20 am

I don't know what you'll have on you, but in many places, small purses don't count as bags that need to be checked in. A jacket that has good pockets would also work.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby Mixi » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:50 am

Zunu wrote:
Mixi wrote:Random, technical question: do you think backpacks/bags are allowed in the theatre/at the event in general? I just realized I'd have to carry mine along as I can't leave it at the hotel. I'm asking because of the new safety restrictions at handshake events.

Curious..what's the reason you can't leave it at the hotel?

As I'm only getting a room for the night before the concert, I'll have to check out when leaving for the venue to get in line. I'm not going back to the hotel afterwards so I'll have to leave my bag in the coat room. I'm taking a bus home at 11PM. :wacko:

That is, if I can get a hold on tickets.
Mixi
Minion

Favorite Idol: 和田彩花

Postby Zunu » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:15 am

I notice you say you're not returning to the hotel, but normally, a decent hotel will allow you to leave your bags with the front desk after checkout until your travel time, so don't rule that out as an option if your hotel is close by the bus terminal.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Celedam » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:38 am

There should also be lockers at the bus terminal, if you don't mind going there after you check out of the hotel but before you queue up for the concert. It's really just a matter of whichever is more convenient, going to the terminal before the concert or going back to the hotel after. And either will probably still be better than keeping it with you in the queue and then checking it while rushing to get a good spot inside.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project