OG (Graduated Members) / M-line Club / M-line Music

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: OG (Graduated Members) Thread

Postby boinsie » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:06 pm

I guess I think of it more as "frequent solo activities".
boinsie
Guru

Postby koregaboku » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:21 pm

Personally I think once Karin has a proper solo debut, that could warrant a solo thread. I think the difference with Tsuji is that she's basically a YouTuber first and foremost at this point.

On another note, I don't follow ZOC closely but I was bored and watched the MV for their new song and I quite like it!

koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby JonCC » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:24 pm

New name for CHAOSPIPIS?
https://eplus.jp/sf/detail/3443600001-P ... 0402&P59=1

新グループ名&新曲発表 プレミアムライブイベントのチケット情報(東京都)

DeepL wrote:New Group Name & New Song Announcement Premium Live Event Ticket Information (Tokyo)
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Amped » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:09 am

from Iikubo Haruna's column "I'm sorry I'm not cute enough!" vol.6

"The story of my decision to graduate from being an idol"

This is a column where I reveal the anger that is smoldering inside me.

This time, I'd like to talk about "graduating idols".

Now that I'm working as an individual, I've been thinking again about what it was like to "graduate from being an idol".

There were many things I could do because I was an idol, and many things I couldn't do because I was an idol.

In my long life as an idol, I've had a lot of agonizing moments when things didn't go my way.
It's not an exaggeration to say that there were times like this everyday LOL.

However, it was still a fun time.

And yet, in the back of my mind, there were events that I couldn't lie about my true feelings.

For example, the moment I couldn't go to the coming-of-age ceremony.

For example, the moment when you don't get the audition you want.

For example, the moment you can no longer write on your blog.....

The reason for making a decision varies from person to person. It can be something that comes to your mind at a moment's notice, or it can be a decision you make after careful consideration. In my case, the moment when I felt like I wanted to graduate gradually accumulated, and I felt like I was on the edge of my seat.

I didn't know who to talk to about it.

I'm sure that these days have gradually undermined me as an idol.

When I was an idol, the movements of the entire group were my top priority, and I couldn't secure a schedule for individual work or vacations. In particular, Morning Musume's main activity was concerts, so their practice and performance schedule for the year was pretty much set in stone.

Even so, the concert was the most fun for me to be united with all the members and the fans, and every time, I felt the bond that was formed by overcoming various obstacles together, I thought, "This is the best group ever!!"

However, apart from that, when I see other idol groups individually appearing in movies and dramas, and being active in a wide range of fields, I honestly feel envious.

It was true that I wondered if our group couldn't be better coordinated individually.

That's how I felt tied down by being in a group.

I had been feeling a bit tied down, but the main reason I became conscious of graduating was because I couldn't participate in a play by a director I respected.

The group had a play once a year. There was a period of time when I did not participate in the stage for several years. It was because I could only do one of two things: participate on stage or participate in variety shows.

I wanted to be on stage because I like acting, but at that time I was seen as a variety performer among the members.

I desperately suppressed my desire to go on stage and said to myself, "I'm going to do variety shows, and I'm going to give people a chance to know who Morning Musume. is today."

But I was still sad.

Not being able to work with a director I respected.
The fact that the other members had become close to the director without knowing how great they were. Later, when people came to see the play, I saw them talking to other members who had been involved.

I was very sad about these things.

Then I made up my mind.

I tried to do my best so that we could work together after I graduated.

After that, I began to think more clearly and realistically about graduation.

Now that I have graduated, I am working on my own.
Here again, I feel what I can do because I am alone, and what I cannot do because I am alone.

I'm sure I'm going to be floundering around for a while, begging for what I don't have LOL.

This is a little bit off the theme of anger, but I wrote about it as something that is important to me.

I have to admit that I sometimes waver in my resolve, so I'm going to give myself another pep talk here.

https://ddnavi.com/serial/793421/a/
Amped
High Priest

Postby JonCC » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:01 am

Amped wrote:and also announced, from UNIVERSAL MUSIC JAPAN, Murota Mizuki's major debut single "G.T.B" will be released on August 25th, 2021

Second song is titled 'Sora no Kanata'.
JonCC
Devotee

Postby Celedam » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:17 am

Celedam wrote:Takahashi and her husband are remodeling a huge apartment space for her parents in Fukui.

The work continues: they sealed the roof, laid a new floor, and looked at kitchen appliances…

A paid promotion by Panasonic? It seems likely, even though it's not properly disclosed, and I figure a lot of this project will be done like that. <wink, wink>

If you're interested, there's a quick look at the floor plan for the new apartment, at 6:33 in the video. It seems weird to me how the bedrooms and bathroom are directly off the entrance hall, rather than farther back behind the common areas, but I'm more accustomed to a certain style where I live and I know it. The previous floor plan — which they demolished in the previous videos — did put the bedrooms farther back but then had long hallways to get to them. The existing plumbing, which is all in a vertical stack, limits their options.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:51 am

Fujimoto covers (?) "Melodies" by GAM…

Nah, that's too easy for her. She needs a real challenge…

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQGTcwhnxKk/
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:46 pm

Now that Koa is old enough to follow simple instructions, it's time to make him the next Ryan Kaji…

Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby JonCC » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:52 pm

JonCC wrote:New name for CHAOSPIPIS?
https://eplus.jp/sf/detail/3443600001-P ... 0402&P59=1

新グループ名&新曲発表 プレミアムライブイベントのチケット情報(東京都)

DeepL wrote:New Group Name & New Song Announcement Premium Live Event Ticket Information (Tokyo)

Or something a little more drastic.

So looks it will be a bit of both.
JonCC
Devotee

Postby Amped » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:22 pm

They thought they could just copy alternative-idol group ZOC and put a bunch of misfits randomly together and things would simply work out. There are many members in this group who just want to do their own thing. *smh
Last edited by Amped on Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amped
High Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project