OG (Graduated Members) / M-line Club / M-line Music

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: OG (Graduated Members) Thread

Postby mrc_tlk » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:56 pm

Celedam wrote:Maki Goto covers "Homura" by LiSA…

Hi. I just dropped by to say Oh, My, God. - Pronounced in the way Janice from Friends would. :w00t:

I was a huge hardcore H!P fan back in the day. I am still a fan, just maybe not as much as I used to. Anyway, after listening to the cover I just felt compelled to say something. This woman is amazing. She keeps counting birthdays, but she just looks as young as she did a decade ago and her voice has improved if anything. Pure talent.

I was deeply displeased when she retired but I completely understood the situation, with her mother's decease and everything. And then all the marital life trouble, which I can only assume is fine now. I just hope she gets back on track with music! She was born to be a soloist.

I mean, why else would you perform on the biggest tv event of the year if you weren't going somewhere with it, right? Why perform next to the top-selling artists of the moment (AKB), if you did not have second motives in mind? Why would you cover what is probably one of the most trendy songs and artists in Japan right now if you didn't plan to do something else with that exposure? Why would you do an online live? I mean, to me, it all points to an immediate comeback.

It is my guess that she's using the live event to calculate the amount of people she can still get onboard, and take a decision based on that. Or maybe the decision is already taken and she might even be singing some new song and announcing some new single or album at the event. If only! A voice like this needs to be shared with the world. :heart:
mrc_tlk
Initiate

Postby Hugglepuff » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:01 am

Celedam wrote:
Amped wrote:Takahashi Ai will become a youtuber too and started her own youtube channel called 高橋愛lab。(Takahashilab.). She will start with a livestream on 10/31 Halloween.

I'm not sure that livestream happened. I didn't see anything when it was supposed to be happening, and nothing was recorded on the channel.

I think some sort of live did happen? I got a notification for it, but I didn't check.
Hugglepuff
Initiate

Postby Celedam » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:29 pm

^ And here it is…

In most cases, YouTube livestreams are automatically recorded and then reposted immediately. But I guess they wanted to edit this one before reposting it and/or hold it until after the introductory video.

NOTE: She is dressed as Violet Evergarden, from the anime of the same name.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Zunu » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:10 am

:heart: Listening to her talk is an incredible experience. "Kokodouyattekatazuketarakatazukundaroutteiutokotoarujanaidesukazettai" (14:20)
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Amped » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:20 am

Ozeki Mai has opened up her own Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHSa8zdFttu/

Mai made her first post and her location was the "Jibunrashiku Ikiru Project" (自分らしく生きるプロジェクト) in Tokyo, which is a community for the LGBTs.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHSa8zdFttu/
https://www.instagram.com/explore/locat ... 070708863/
https://jibun-rashiku.jp/
Amped
High Priest

Postby erilaz » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:52 pm

Zunu wrote::heart: Listening to her talk is an incredible experience. "Kokodouyattekatazuketarakatazukundaroutteiutokotoarujanaidesukazettai" (14:20)

She's still Tettekete. XD
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Celedam » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:08 pm

Niigaki noticed that her channel has a lot of American and Korean subscribers, so she tries speaking only English while preparing gimbap (Korean-style seaweed roll)…

Those of us who have been around long enough will have flashbacks of her grocery shopping in Hawai'i. :roll:

Anyhow, if you haven't been following her channel, almost all of her recent videos have been "slice of life" stuff like this with her father, mother, and sister.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:53 pm

Ozeki Mai will be in a stage play titled "PINK no Kawa de Nurui Iki" (PINKの川でぬるい息). Running February 7 - February 14, 2021 at Theater Sun Mall (シアターサンモール).
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHVCnA1FGPu/
https://twitter.com/kijyooo/status/1325256997806039040

The half of the poster promoting a related stage play is somewhat NSFW, I guess? I don't think it's bad but here's a warning just in case.
Spoiler: show
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby koregaboku » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:28 am

I didn't mind the somewhat NSFW poster but the one for Pink no Kawa de (the one Mai will be in) reminded me how sometimes graphic design in Japan gets way too busy/sensory overload and is a bit of an eyesore.
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby Celedam » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:04 am

Tsuji prepares hire-katsu (premium cutlets made with pork fillet instead of pork loin)…

---

Takahashi answers 100 questions…

---

Fujimoto answers 100 questions…

Yes, she really is asked if she is S or M. Question 38. And as expected, her answer is evasive.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project