The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby Moh » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:07 pm

I'll inevitably have periods where I don't keep up as much, but H!P will probably be one of those things I'm into for a long time. :lol:

Zunu wrote:Speaking of OGs and things I miss: Eri, goddamit.

Fwiw, when she graduated I had no idea how serious atopic dermatitis can actually be. One of my friends was hospitalized a lot as a teenager cause it nearly killed her. :wacko:
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby iluvatarin » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:51 am

That's a very good assessment of it, Zunu (and don't worry about repeating - it's not repeated for me!! lol). I (unlike many H!P fans apparently lol) am also actually a sports fan, so I totally understand that analogy. I've been a fan of specific teams for most of my life, which is a long time now, and there have been many..... well, recently, it's pretty much all been down patches lol. But I still follow and still enjoy watching them. And I'll add to what you said that similar to H!P, players on those teams come and go too, so the only thing you're actually following is the brand, or the style, and those who are currently trying to uphold the tradition.

Maybe just part of why I don't feel as involved with the girls now is that I'm old and am not as connected with all the new SNS and such that they're using lol, like all the younger fans out there. XD
iluvatarin
Minion

Postby Celedam » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:58 am

When I try to explain idol groups to curious commenters on YouTube (for example, here), I often liken them to sports teams.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby rikkikow » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:38 am

I don’t do Twitter.
I don’t do TikTok.
I don’t do Instagram.
I don’t do Facebook.
I don’t do Youtube.
I don’t do Snapchat.
I just don’t do it.

I do Jplop and email only,
and still find myself in deep pastures. :lol:
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
Panda-san! Panda-san Power! Panda -san!
rikkikow

Postby boinsie » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:00 am

What Jpop news do you receive via email? Are there Usenet H!P lists?? :o :hehe:

--

Tbh, I personally don't keep up with everything very well anymore... but I definitely wouldn't say that there's a hard-and-fast "you grow out of it" requirement. Everyone's different.
boinsie
Guru

Postby iluvatarin » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:20 am

Somehow I envision all of you have just holed up here for the past decade without venturing out to any other fan SNS lol. Except perhaps some trips to international concerts, though of course that hasn't happened for the past couple years now either. That's why I was surprised to find everyone still here, since I haven't seen you anywhere else!!
iluvatarin
Minion

Postby erilaz » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:24 pm

^ I haven't been to an H!P concert since the last time I saw you (Morning Musume。’18 in Mexico City). Unless you count Riho with BABYMETAL in San Francisco in 2019.

rikkikow wrote:I don’t do Twitter.
I don’t do TikTok.
I don’t do Instagram.
I don’t do Facebook.
I don’t do Youtube.
I don’t do Snapchat.
I just don’t do it.

I'm pretty much the same. I only do YouTube as far as watching videos and occasionally commenting; I've never uploaded any videos. I'm only on two forums: Jplop and a stamp collecting forum. XD
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Sohee » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:16 am

H!P is like home to me. :heart: The sports comparison makes a lot of sense, too though.
The way I interact with H!P and all has changed over the years, as life change and whatnot, but I'll always find myself coming back because it's just a part of my life these days. I thought, when Eri graduated, that this was it and I'd move on but... here we are, and having come back from that low, I'm fairly confident I'll be a H!P fan in one way or another until one of us stop existing. :lol:

Zunu wrote:Speaking of OGs and things I miss: Eri, goddamit.

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby Celedam » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:49 pm

Actress, model, and Hello! Project super-fan Yuko Araki gives a specific shout out to the Kenshuusei…

Nakai looks confused for a moment, but of course he knows about Morning Musume and Hello! Project, so I think he's just surprised that she's a fan of female idols. It's the other, older host who needs to have it explained.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:00 am

LGBT Hello Pro Dance cover group "Super DX Hunter" from Nagoya, put on a special Hello! Pro dance cover "concert" to celebrate their 9th anniversary together of doing Hello Pro dance covers and live venue performances in their community. They can't put on a live event for H!P fans, so this is the best they can do right now.

Setlist :
0:47 Nippon no DNA! / BEYOOOOONDS
3:30 Akai Earphone / ANGERME
6:30 DanshaISM / Tsubaki Factory
9:24 MC
10:23 Adam to Eve no Dilemma / C-ute
12:25 Wakatteiru no ni Gomen ne / Country Girls
14:47 MC
Medley
15:41 LOVEPedia / Morning Musume. '20
19:08 Ningen Kankei No way way / Morning Musume. '20
22:28 Junjou Evidence / Morning Musume. '20