[9/30] Tsubaki Factory 7th single "DanshaISM / Ima Nanji?"

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [9/30] Tsubaki Factory 7th single "DanshaISM / Ima Nanji?"

Postby Celedam » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:23 pm

It's a beautiful song and a beautiful video. I'll have to watch it a few more times.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Moh » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:40 pm

Tbh on first listen, this sounds like album filler to me. :fear: It's missing something imo.

I don't like the filter on the MV, but the girls look pretty, and what we saw of the choreo seems interesting.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:53 pm

Moh wrote:Tbh on first listen, this sounds like album filler to me. :fear: It's missing something imo.

I don't like the filter on the MV, but the girls look pretty, and what we saw of the choreo seems interesting.

I happen to agree 100%. I love the video, but the song doesn't do much for me. Nice song, but doesn't seem single-like for me. Tokei was a muuuch better ballad. However Dansha i like way more heh
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Amped » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:09 pm

To commemorate the release of this single, Tsubaki Factory is starting a Twitter Campaign called "Ima Nanji? Itoshi no My Darling" (イマナンジ?愛しのMyダーリン)

They are asking to send powerful messages of love to your "Beloved Darling", anyone who is important to you, such as lovers, family, friends, pets, Tsubaki factory members, to the Tsubaki Factory twitter account using the hashtags #イマナンジ #愛しのMyダーリン Tweet the hashtags to receive daily videos from the members by using the button

They want fans to send positive messages and use the power of love to #shutdown the dark news.
http://www.helloproject.com/news/12316/
https://twitter.com/tsubakifac_uf
Amped
High Priest

Postby forgetmenots » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:57 pm

Oh man those lyrics hit HARD. They reminded me of Hitori de Ikiraresoutte in how honest they feel. Ima Nanji's been stuck in my head since the radio preview so I'm glad to finally get the whole song~

I'm also glad to see Tsubaki doing so well, I know a lot of people were tough on them and there were a lot of negative opinions about them at first because they got compared to Kobushi and Country Girls. The way people carried on back then you wouldn't think they'd have outrun both of those groups and sold better too. I hope they have continued success.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby koregaboku » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:54 pm

Shoujo Q wrote:I’m loving all the Ono Mizuho in that song/PV. It’s about time she got pulled out of the background. But I feel like Saori was nowhere to be found so I had to watch it again just to find her.

I just realized this is their second MV to feature a clock motif.

AHAHAHAHHAHAHA. I even mentioned Fuwari and I did NOT make the clock connection. I feel soooooo dumb right now!!!

This convinces me that in very much the same way Dakishimeraretai was the follow up to Teionyakedo, Ima Nanji is the follow up to Fuwari Koi Dokei. And does a better job too.

Separately, for those of you who think it's filler, gasp. Just gasp.

Beyond the gasp, we can agree to disagree because... Just gasp.

And re: a lot of Mizuho- one of the few problems (and a great problem to have) that Tsubaki has is that they legitimately have more (5) girls who could justifiably be a lead/center in a song then background girls (4). If each of the five got a lead song we'd complain about how few and far between our faves get to lead because the cycle would just take so long!

(The five I'm thinking of are: Yumeno, Kiki, Mizuho, Risa, Mao

Which obviously leaves Kisora, Ami, Saori and Riko.

My oshi are Kisora and Ami though. But even I can't realistically deny that the leads are lead worthy.)
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby Stereo » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:25 pm

Nice song, MV edition is uninspired, but the dance part is really well made and stage set well done. But it's look like they have completely rushed the instrumental part to be honest. It lack so much things to be a real HP! A side, subtle variation of melody, small rythm details, back vocals, progressions, use of some touch of "real" musical instruments. Just a little more works in other word. That's what i love in Hp songs. The Works done on instrumental part, sometimes almost imperceptible, but there. Details which sublimate voices of girls. Anyway Dansha-ism is coming soon !
Stereo
Senior Initiate

Postby Zunu » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:12 pm

For me the song and video are, well...okay. Fairly ordinary, yet good quality, nice interior set, the girls look pretty, the song gets catchier with repeated listenings. One clever effect is the way that the girls' clothing color matches the color of the scenes that they're in. Everything's pastel and digitally color graded, so the effect is subtle, but I don't recall ever seeing it done exactly that way in a MV before.

So, no real objections exactly, except one. That it's a huge letdown from NINE DAYS of countdown hype. I mean, what was that about? You're supposed to save PR moves like that for earth-shattering stuff. When they string you along like that, you want something super gotdammed shiny at the end of that string.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Sohee » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:36 am

Nice song.
It's nice that Ami got a solo line she'll be able to nail live.
Yamagishi is annoying as f (8
Nice dance.
Needs more risamaru-girlfriend.
But nice song - probably my favorite of the two.

Tsubaki keeps being, to me, the group that has a few interesting members but is ridiculously meh as a group that just so happens to get interesting songs.
Now starts the countdown to when other groups/members from groups will cover this in their bday events or something. :lol:
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby otaku_blue » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:01 pm

Tsubaki keeps being, to me, the group that has a few interesting members but is ridiculously meh as a group that just so happens to get interesting songs.

This is such a poor take on the group lol. They're all nice girls. Why do you find Yamagishi annoying? She seems like an honest and hard working leader to me at least. I think that because she's a bit soft spoken she doesn't come across as a good leader. But she's done a great job in improving her skills (solo fest), and taking one for the group with gravure. There's probably more behind the scenes as well. I mean she's done pretty well considering all 9 of them are still together.

I think this single is great! Definitely another strong release from HP this year! Each time I watch Ima Nanji I pick up on something I didn't notice before!
otaku_blue
Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project