[10/5] Morning Musume。'14 - Live Concert in New York!

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Morning Musume。'14 Live Concert in New York, 10/5

Postby otaku_blue » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:22 pm

damn...hopefully everything works out though and everyone still has a good time then.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:28 pm

....Even berryz sold out their venue 2 years ago...
but then again it was much less seats i think :3
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby esm » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:50 am

I booked a place to stay at. Now I gotta book my flights. I've been looking, but I just haven't gotten around to actually booking it yet.

Yeah, it's not an easy time to travel. It's only possible for me because I teach an online class, plus I don't have classes until the afternoon on Monday so I could travel back in the morning. The time difference will also work in my favor that morning.

edit: One nice thing about NYC is that there's quite a wide range of places to stay at. I'm okay with staying at a dorm in a hostel (about $100 for 2 nights total), and if people really want private rooms, they're about $80-90 per night, a bit more expensive than regular hotels elsewhere. But considering the location, I'd say it's a good deal. Hotels located downtown in any major city will be at least $100 per night, and they are usually 4-5-star hotels that I'd feel too casual walking into anyway.

If you're going with at least one other person, you can be even less picky about the location in terms of how centrally located the place is.
Last edited by esm on Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby erin » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:05 am

If the concert wasn't in NY, I wouldn't be able to go. I wouldn't be able to afford to travel.

I'm really hoping the concert goes well. I would love for them to continue doing overseas concerts. maybe get anther h!p group here.
| tumblr |
erin
Acolyte

Postby stam4o » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:30 am

Moh wrote:
otaku_blue wrote:https://www.facebook.com/helloprojectfanpage/posts/10152321190420958

Uhh, as much I love the girls, I can't say I'm in love with that idea.

I agree, this idea is just not right. It's like a... some abrupt and massive exposure that is beside the point, which is nothing of a good : /
stam4o
Minion

Favorite Idol: Akari,Sayumi,Maachan,Riho

Postby Shoujo Q » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:58 am

Jet Blue has pretty cheap flights if you have an airport near you that has their planes.

I thought about it for a second because it was cheaper than taking the fast train from Boston but decided against it because then I'd have to get from JFK to the inner city. That would be a hassle for me.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Celedam » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:59 am

esm wrote:Hotels located downtown in any major city will be at least $100 per night, and they are usually 4-5-star hotels that I'd feel too casual walking into anyway.

In major downtown areas like Midtown Manhattan (where Times Square is located) or Chicago's Miracle Mile, upscale hotels are more like $300 to $500 per night and decent places where you can still wear jeans are $150 to $300 per night. (Don't forget the taxes and fees, which can easily add 20% to the base rate.)

Below $150 per night, it's either "semi-private" like a hostel (as you've discovered for yourself) or somewhere that nice people wouldn't want to stay in the first place.
Last edited by Celedam on Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby esm » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:03 am

Oh yeah, I just checked. :crazy:

Booked my flights to and from New York.

For people that haven't booked their flights, I'd suggest booking two one-way tickets because considering the different airports and airlines available, the tickets could come out to be cheaper. Mine came out to be about $300 total, and the return flight could have been cheaper if I didn't need the exact time (leaving New York not too early in the morning but also being able to arrive with enough time before my Monday class), plus I wanted either EWR or JFK for the return trip because transit to the airport seems more reliable than to/from LGA. I was less picky about the trip there because I just want to get there during the afternoon.

Sohee wrote:Hello!Party 4 info from Hello!Base:
Hello! Party 4 is coming, but we need your help to make this happen: http://igg.me/at/helloparty4
We want to bring you all a party worthy of Morning Musume。'14's visit to New York City. Lend your support and spread the word to all corners of the fandom!

Donated. :cool:

If I don't forget, I'll try to contribute more eventually. I'm getting more money once the fall semester starts. [/student]
Last edited by esm on Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby AyuHikaru » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:08 am

yeah i'm currently trying to find a hotel that isn't overly fancy near the area. Money isn't too much of an object but I don't want to stay at a super ritzy hotel.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby MariaLisseth » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:45 am

You guys know is someone wants to sell a VIP Ticket?
MariaLisseth
Senior Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project