6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Postby Celedam » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:16 pm

My video recommendations have gotten so much better since I changed my YouTube region setting from United States to Japan. (NOTE: This is for my "Celedam" account, which I use exclusively for H!P stuff and other Japanese pop culture.) I could've sworn I had it set to Japan before, but somehow it changed back to United States. YouTube probably did it automatically, by extrapolating my location from my IP address.

Anyhow, my video recommendations were just awful, as if YouTube simply didn't know what to do with an American who is subscribed to dozens of Japanese channels. (Hundreds, actually, but many of them are dead.) Whenever one of the H!P channels or OG vlogs featured a makeup tutorial, YouTube decided that I must want to watch nothing but makeup tutorials, and not just from regular girls but also from drag queens. Lots and lots of drag queens.

I watched some Gaki no Tsukai before bed? (I find it relaxing.) YouTube recommended the most obnoxious and grotesque "!!!FAIL!!!" videos.

UUG's Manami Arai played some video games? YouTube recommended Super Mario Maker playthroughs and WoW champion Asmongold being a world-class asshole.

And so on and so on — it made me genuinely angry.

Now, it's pure joy. Like this…

I love this. It's like a groovy blend of bluegrass and Celtic rock, but as performed by J-pop idols. And the dance is nifty, too.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Moh » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:39 pm

Last Idol's songs have been fairly hit-or-miss with me, but that new one really is fantastic. I was hooked once that banjo kicked in, lol. We definitely need more idol tunes with a banjo!

Zunu wrote:Moh, lordy Jorja Smith is gorgeous as hell, but why does she sound sooo much like Nelly Furtado :cry:

I don't hear it, but then again, I haven't heard a Nelly Furtado song since "I'm Like a Bird" :fear: XD
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Zunu » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:44 pm

Moh I noticed you posted that same MV yesterday here: viewtopic.php?f=17&p=246636#p246636
Glad you both like it, but for whatever reason I haven’t managed to sit through the whole song.
Also, I’ve heard from a few people that in recent months their YT feed has improved markedly, and I’d mostly concur in my case. I’m overall more pleased with my YT recommends these days over, say, Netflix. I certainly never get stuck with random makeup tutorials, despite actually having a few subscriptions with people who occasionally do them alongside gaming playthrus or ASMR.

Edit: Yeah, I’m Like A Bird, I mean that one.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Celedam » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:48 pm

Zunu wrote:Moh I noticed you posted that same MV yesterday here: viewtopic.php?f=17&p=246636#p246636

Oops. Sorry, I don't go into those sub-forums.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Zunu » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:04 pm

Just to clarify, not faulting you in any way for not following every single thread on this site; I certainly don’t either. I just didn’t want Moh to think her efforts at shepherding some of those quieter threads go unappreciated. :) :heart:
Zunu
Pantaloon

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:45 pm

The metal band Kaga Kaede's dad was vocalist for (The King of Metal Slime) disbanded in November 2018, after a 5 year run.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Zunu » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:37 pm

Amped:

Dream Ami

(Just looking at the thumbnail I would think she was Kana Nishino.)
Zunu
Pantaloon

Postby Moh » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:00 pm

Since Cel mentioned the choreo in that Last Idol MV, here's the official dance practice!

There is SO MUCH going on with that choreo. Could you imagine this with a small group? I definitely can't. :-o

Zunu wrote:Dream Ami

Her voice is nice, but the cover itself is kind of boring. :fear: I haven't listened to Kuu for a hot minute but it's still one of my faves from her.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Zunu » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:29 am

Grimes & i_o: Violence

Reminds me for some reason of t.A.T.u.

Grimes is aging in reverse. She looks about 20 in this video and she's, um, 31. :?:
Zunu
Pantaloon

Postby Amped » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:23 am

Zunu wrote:Amped:

Dream Ami
its a nice song.

I like Dream Ami, but tbh, I don't listen to her songs on repeat. I'd like it if she collaborated with another singer. I also want her to go back to dancing.
Amped
High Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project