The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby resop2 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:50 am

Question: I remember some hello station or something like that having a clip of S/Mileage rehearsing Eighteen Emotion. Katsuta Rina was trying to teach the other members how to do the choreography (since Rina was usually the first to master a new dance) and they were doing a group spiral wave. Takeuchi was behind her and either screwed it up or was screwing around so Rina knocked her flatter than a pancake. Does anyone remember this clip or were it was from?
resop2
Skeptic

Postby koregaboku » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:55 am

Wasn't sure whether I should post this in the OG thread but I wonder if Mai is making a profit off of her clothing/lifestyle brand...
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby Amped » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:52 am

Tokyo University Hello Pro Research club with a nice dance cover of Morning Musume's "What's Up? Ai wa Dou na no yo~" to celebrate Morning Musume's 22nd Anniversary today (9/14)

always such a feel good song.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:42 pm

Such a good throwback to one of the only actual dance practice videos we have from Musume. They did a good job.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:29 am

Morning Musume. '19's collab with Sanrio's Gaokki match perfectly because Gaokki is a cute little monster, and Morning Musume. '19 are cute stamina monsters too.

H!P fan youtuber "Ui-Musume" is back, collecting Gaokki goods
Amped
High Priest

Postby Shoujo Q » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:13 pm

I've been listening to a lot of H!P lately. I found a nice playlist on Apple that someone has been updating on a regular basis with new songs and old songs. I find that the Apple gods think I LOVE me some Mano because she seems to come up a lot more frequently compared to the other groups and it's a little irritating. But I digress. I'm finding little nuggets that I love that I forgot how much I loved them. This person also put the instrumental tracks too, so sometimes I find myself getting really excited only to be disappointed that it doesn't have the vocals. :hehe:

I also muse about newer H!P groups or generations singing certain songs. Like, oh, Meimi would have been perfect for this song that Aya sang. Or, I wonder what Morning Musume would have been like had it been Aya that joined instead of Miki? Or, I really thought I liked this song, but now I really don't care for it that much. My tastes have obviously changed over the years. Naturally that happens, but there are still a few songs that pop up that I'm excited to hear. Also, the instrumentals are sometimes fun to listen too, mainly for the occasional background vocal from what usually sounds like Tsunku. Fun stuff.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Celedam » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:33 pm

^ I assume that requires an Apple Music subscription. I haven't sprung for that yet; I swore to myself that I would stick with iTunes Match until I finish ripping my own library, and I still have a long way to go.

I also want to see what will happen when Apple finally breaks up the iTunes application in the next major release of macOS, because it's unclear what that will do to large, multi-format libraries like mine. Apple is pushing Apple Music so hard that the entire Music application is designed around it. You can already see some of that in the iOS version of the Music app, and it will be doubly so in the macOS version.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Shoujo Q » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:15 am

Yes, Apple Music.

I’m curious how long H!P and Up Front’s contract with Apple is and what will happen once iTunes goes away. I’ve gotten so use to Apple Music that I don’t even buy the singles anymore, just the albums. It’s a bad habit I’ve gotten into that I really should break. But I’ve saved so much money over the year that I kind of don’t want to break it.

As an aside, I’m also behind on my personal library on my computer and external hard drives which needs to be moved to a non-Apple program. I’ve gotten so use to an Apple way of life that I can’t seem to remember how to do anything with my music or computer. It’s outdated and pretty much a dinosaur now. Time and work have really set me back and that’s something I never thought would happen. I’ve become out of touch with little things that I never noticed the big picture was changing.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Celedam » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:21 am

From another thread…

This clinches it: Kaede is my new favorite.

Ishida was my favorite up until now, even though I never really declared it. I just enjoyed the whole "Daaisihi feeling" phenomenon while it lasted. But she's grown up now and more in control of herself since she has so many juniors looking up to her. In fact, her character is changing into something like post-graduation Nakazawa, which is fine for what it is but not what I'm looking for in a favorite.

Kaede, tho… I've liked her ever since I saw her reaction(s) to being announced as a new member, how grateful and relieved she was to finally make it. Then I saw her dancing in "BRAND NEW MORNING"; she was the only other one besides Ishida who did the knee thing properly, and that earned her a center position. Then I saw how adorkably bad she is at telling jokes during MCs. Then I saw more of her dancing in the Dance Club. Then I saw she's an anime/manga geek who even does GunPla, not because she's been challenged to do it (like other members) but simply because she enjoys it. And now here she is, cosplaying one of the most badass and tragic female characters in recent anime/manga…?

Spoiler: show
Yes, tragic. It gets much worse in the later volumes of the Attack on Titan manga, stuff that has not yet made it into the anime. Hint: There is a reason why she and Captain Levi both have the family/clan name "Ackerman".

Also, it makes me smile to remember that she's friends with Maria and Rikako. I really don't know why — there are plenty of cross-group friendships in H!P — but the image of the three of them walking down the street together in their casual clothes just strikes me as something that people would stop and turn to look at.

Or maybe I'm thinking of this instead…

https://youtu.be/SXnPHihz4bE?t=140
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:35 pm

Amped wrote:TV Asahi is moving Music Station's time slot to 9pm on Friday (from 8pm) starting October 2019. This means that now any singer still in high school (Under 18) can't work past 9pm on the show because of the labor curfew law. Unless Music Station grants a leniency or pre-recordings, it will very difficult for young artists to appear.

Matsuko DX's show moving into the 8pm slot.

https://natalie.mu/owarai/news/345097

Hello! Project implements the curfew law at their Hello! Project countdown concerts on New Years eve. Any member under 18 can't appear past 9pm. Usually they make it in time for younger members to clear the stage minutes before 9pm hits.

Music Station's new logo

The new look Music Station airs October 18th at 9pm, a 3 hour special and the theme is a "viewers & artists" special. The artist will respond to viewer requests during the broadcast and they will have an impromptu performance.
https://natalie.mu/music/news/348654
Amped
High Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project