The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The Pointless H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby Shoujo Q » Sun May 05, 2019 11:14 pm

TGL ended and we lost the live performances, but we gained back both a great Upcoming and Hello Station. They gave us the recording and the live performances from the venues. Something we lost. We gained two shows for girls to go out into the world to learn real world experience and gain some knowledge. While as an English speaker I really can’t get excited about shows that I really can’t understand, but I’m happy they are ALL getting more exposure.

I will say, they could do more to promote the singles via Hello Station or Upcoming. When they did that one off Hello Morning special it reminded me how much I love and adored the news segments.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Amped » Mon May 20, 2019 2:06 am

on NHK tv show, they showed a video of a Japanese high school doing a copy dance medley of Heisei era songs including Love Machine

Amped
High Priest

Postby JonCC » Mon May 20, 2019 4:07 am

Dakishimete... Namida is a track I wish modern H!P would dig up from the vault and have a shuffle unit perform at a H!P concert one of these days.

Juice=Juice gave it a whirl in 2016. Alas it never made it to the disc release so a concert recording is all we have.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Denki » Wed May 22, 2019 1:17 pm

I was already calling Chisaki "Dorito," but thanks to her upcoming photobook, I can't get Dorito Cheesesaki out of my head. :hehe:
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby Denki » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:56 am

Since Take and Kana are equals in both academic year and group seniority, I'm gonna have to get used to seeing Take listed first when the time comes.

But when that happens, their first syllable from their given names will spell out A - KA - RI. :hehe:
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:59 pm

^ That's funnier than it should be, and I hope someone in or working with the group realizes it.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby koregaboku » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:49 am

Airi reposted a photo of her younger brother on her Insta-story. Apparently permission has been given (by who? Not sure) to show his face now that he has finished school.

More importantly, it might just be great genes in the family because he is also a looker.
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby Zunu » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:08 pm

The expression she uses, 弟、学生終わったので、顔出しオーケーなリました。笑 (It's ok now to show my little brother's face on social media since he's done with school, lol.) doesn't it just kind of sound like maybe the parents are saying he's old enough, or maybe in her own judgment? Like not anything official in terms of being granted permission, so to speak. But anyway, it is weird how alike they look while at the same time you're right he is indeed a handsome dude. I wonder if she's lowkey pimping him for modeling gigs. Or at least scoring him a free haircut. ;)

Speaking of Airi, her number of Instagram followers has been creeping up and is now almost 300k. By my ranking, unless I've missed someone, that puts her in fifth place behind Tsuji, Aichan, Satoda Mai and Manoeri. And ahead of Michishige.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby koregaboku » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:19 am

Do you think the Suzuki-household would be opposed to having their son have a public life though? I mean, they did consent to Airi debuting at the ripe old age of 9...

Also, I wonder whether Airi is calculating enough to pimp her brother out- obviously we don't know but she doesn't seem to be the type.

I want a full frontal though... If his 3/4 profile is any indication he's quite attractive. Life is definitely not fair if he also has the natural charisma that Airi has.
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby Jessi » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:13 am

I’m sure the only persons consent she needed was her brothers and now he’s old enough to give it.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project