Random Thread ~Usagi-Chan ☮ Tūsurī~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Random Thread ~Usagi-Chan ☮ Tūsurī~

Postby Shoujo Q » Fri Sep 06, 2024 12:58 am

I just bought myself a new bed a couple of weeks ago. Going from a Full to a Queen. Ran into a 1st world problem. The new bed goes right smack dab in the middle of my current CD shelf. So... what do I do with all the CDs? Ascetically there are options but none are nice looking and the ones I do like are not small enough for the area in question. I'm playing with a minimum of 24 inches. I kept eyeing my bookcase, but then where would all the books go? So I spent days scouring the internet for a solution.

I was very close to buying this first option, but I just didn't like the shape. I felt it would knock into the cabinet that was next to it, or my bed. Thankfully, google and it's need to track my every move finally turned me into the right direction and I found the option I eventually went with. Listed as a bookcase, it had a very similar feel to the option I was going for and came in multiple tier versions. It also had the added bonus of being 100% wood as opposed to the pressboard. I hate fake wood for most things. I think the only thing left that I own that's pressboard is my IKEA bookcase.

So I finally got it and it turned out it was MUCH taller than anticipated. Thankfully I have high ceilings. (Which got damaged a bit by an ice dam in the winter.) I was pleased with the result. Though I have more CDs than I do space and it holds a LOT of CDs! Since I took that photo I reorganized a bit and removed all the tall CDs and DVDs. I know I could probably put the CDs the other way and fit more. I have a temporary home for the DVDs currently, but eventually that will be my next challenge. That and the bookcase. The shelf will eventually go on the other side of the cabinet in the corner so it will get another organizational shuffle. I get the bed next weekend so there will be a lot of shuffling around till then anyway so it's just all place holding stuff. I just got piles everywhere and I haven't even gotten to the stuff that's currently stored under the bed. :wacko:

I might eventually decorate the thing. It's screaming for some color and it goes with nothing in my room. Maybe decoupage? After all is said and done, I'll circle back to that.

So anyway, if you're looking for a nice place to put your CDs that doesn't take up as much room. Get one of these things. It was really easy to put together too! But it's super tall, so I'd suggest a smaller one if you have the space, get 2!
It's even got legs so it sits off the ground. They had other options, some had a little shelf built in the bottom. But they weren't 100% wood. Trying to navigate the options was a little difficult because you have a lot of the same thing, but under different shell company names. (Good ol' China) They sell these things on Amazon, Wayfair and any other place you can find fine Chinese made goods.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Zunu » Fri Sep 06, 2024 1:57 am

The top one looks like it spins, but does the bottom one?
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Shoujo Q » Fri Sep 06, 2024 2:49 am

Zunu wrote:The top one looks like it spins, but does the bottom one?

Yes it does spin, I guess I forgot to mention that. It spins quite nicely actually. I couldn't get a full photo of it due to the fact that my bed is currently in the way. Once I put it into the corner, I'll get a better photo of it.
The bed frame needs to be put together and not really knowing where it will finally be put kind of makes me not want to move anything too soon for fear of having to move it once again. :hehe:
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Zunu » Fri Sep 06, 2024 3:46 am

Oh, excellent, thanks! I have about half of my CDs in a wooden rack similar to this one

https://www.sears.com/maxpower-solid-oa ... A125032070

but the other half are just in old boxes. It's rare that I'll play a Western-music CD since pretty much all of it is on streaming, and for Eastern stuff, I have digital music files for most of the stuff I own. But every so often I reconfigure the furniture and that's definitely something I'd consider getting.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Spaghetti-Western » Fri Sep 06, 2024 12:16 pm

Nice going with the tower, Shoujo Q :thumbs-up:
I think you're right, real wood is the way to go when doable. With press board there must be a certain amount of (toxic) off gassing that happens.

Now you got me thinking about my bookcase problem :think:
I guess I'm not the only one without a lot of space these days, so there must be solutions out there.

Nayoko-K, I hope things are getting better.
Spaghetti-Western
Acolyte

Previous

Return to Hello! Project