The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The Pointless H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:28 pm

No problem, I hope at least one member grabs you. :lol:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby resop2 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:50 am

teth wrote:https://ameblo.jp/gotomaki-923/entry-12446481413.html

Goto officially apologizes.
- Admits sleeping with another guy
- Is trying to work on her marriage
- Says she described her fights with the husband in a way that was misleading

Can OGs stop doing things to tarnish the Momusu brand?

Life happens, and sometimes embarrassing things happen, especially if one is starting out in life missing 10+ years of "normal" socialization with the opposite sex.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby resop2 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:08 pm

Amped wrote:It is announced that after a year and half together, the current Oha girls will be graduating one by one from Ohasuta on their designated days starting next week. Funaki Musubu will graduate from Ohasuta on Tuesday (3/19)
Which H!P girl could be the next Ohagirl?

Kiyono Momohime or Okamura Minami from Ame no Mori Kawa Umi or Ota Haruka or Ise Layla from ANGERME.

While they are many other members of H!P who could do a great job, I think that H!P views Ohasuta as a place to get a younger H!P girl more publicity and to have them come out of her shell as an entertainer.

H!P might be a little behind the eight ball here since the four listed above (as far as I know) are the youngest in H!P and Momohime is the youngest at 14. If I remember correctly, 13 was a frequent age for an H!P girl to join.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby Rysaria » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:50 pm

I can't wait for MM to get new girls. I need someone to blind me from how meh everything about MM is starting to feel compared to every other group in H!P...
Kitagawa RioKawana RinArisawa IchikaYagi ShioriSatoyoshi UtanoSaito Madoka
Rysaria
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: KitagawaRio/YagiShiori

Postby Jessi » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:39 pm

Ota Haruka would be perfect. She’s so cute and seems like she’s so young still. I could also see Ise Layla, but she seems a little more polished and confident than Haruka.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby resop2 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:54 am

While "BandBushi" is a worthwhile thing to hope for, I have been thinking recently how mind blowing it would be if ANGERME put out a PV with the following credits:
Lyrics: OG Maro
Set Background: Takeushi Akari
Wardrobe and Styling: Katsuta Rina
Make up: Sakaki Rikako
Choreography: Moruta Mizuki
resop2
Skeptic

Postby JonCC » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:29 pm

A few people pointed out on Twitter that @UpFrontLink has been unusually active lately.
It appears to have started right around the H!S/Upcoming renewal.

I've been critical of 'them' not living up to what they should be (essentially an overseas community manager) so this is certainly a positive evolution.
Perhaps they got new staff behind it.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby koregaboku » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:05 pm

Rysaria wrote:I can't wait for MM to get new girls. I need someone to blind me from how meh everything about MM is starting to feel compared to every other group in H!P...

Hm. Interesting take. I felt the same way for awhile but Kaga and Yokoyama was a nice injection of newness however I feel like the addition of Morito is really something.

In everything I've seen her participate in with MM. she easily feels like an ace, dare I say in a way very similar to Riho.

(I would say Mizuki is center-ish for overall pleasantness (visually, vocally), Sakura for her voice, and Masaki for her for-better-or-worse x-factor+talent, but Chisaki gives off an it-factor that's been absent to the group.)
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby Rysaria » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:19 pm

It's probably because I'm a casual fan and I only see what this site and H!O put out, so I don't see every live performance where girls other than 'the trio' get amazing lines. I'm not that bitter about the line distribution, I've been around for worse, maybe I'm just really really hurting for a new oshi or new flamewar-bait like Riho. (Not that I like to argue, I just like watching mass destruction over a 13-16 year old girl.)
Kitagawa RioKawana RinArisawa IchikaYagi ShioriSatoyoshi UtanoSaito Madoka
Rysaria
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: KitagawaRio/YagiShiori

Postby koregaboku » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:39 pm

Hahahaha. I can respect that.

I think with Morito you will see her quickly pushed to the front. It doesn't seem that obvious yet but I would blame that due to the fact that homegirl literally hasn't been part of a (single) release that wasn't also a grad single (Kudo, Ogata, Harunan) so the spotlight had to be appropriately balanced.

I didn't notice it at first either but in part from YouTube's recommendation algorithm and this forum I've been watching a lot of recent concert performances and Morito gets lines in ways that all the other girls except Mizuki, Sakura, and Masaki (and maybe to an extent Ishida) would kill for. It's not just that she's getting lines, it's that she's getting the juicy lines that other aces/centers either originated or inherited from previous centers.

Unless something implodes, I would put money on Morito being the new ace and I'm not even one to bet often.
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project