MOMONA 101 [ME:I @ KCON LA 2024" on July 26th~28th] [ME:I 2nd Single "Hi-Five" on 8/28]

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Momona 101

Postby Amped » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:46 pm

Photos of trainees heading to rehearsal for the concept battle in episode 9

Kasahara Momona wearing her muffler on a cold day in Korea
https://twitter.com/produce101jp_/statu ... 4516991000
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:09 pm

at 12am (JST), you listen to the 5 concept songs recorded by the trainees via music subscriptions Apple, Spotify, LINE, etc.

TOXIC

Popcorn

Koakuma (Baddie)

&ME

AtoZ

previews :
https://orcd.co/5concepts
Last edited by Amped on Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:09 am

Produce 101 Japan The Girls Episode #9 : Concept song Battle

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1hN4y1Y7eW/

Their performances were filmed in Korea, where lots of global fans (US, France, Indonesia, etc.) were invited to attend along with Japanese and Korean fans. These global fans got to vote on site.

&ME (Kato Kokoro, Sakurai Miu, Kasahara Momona, Ebihara Suzumi, Aita Rin, Yamamoto Suzu, Tanaka Koto)

One Take camera

Kasahara Momona (fan camera)

Concept Battle fan cameras for all 35 trainees are up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9AHonr ... SB&pp=iAQB
Last edited by Amped on Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:22 am

Each trainee posted and pinned a youtube comment on their own fan camera. Show your love and support by posting a reply to their comment.

Kasahara Momona's comment :
Thanks to everyone who found this comment. My name is Kasahara Momona!

To me, the "YOU" in "YOU&ME" is also you who saw this video by a trivial chance, you who always send me your passionate support, my family and friends who support and love me wherever I am, everyone who listens to this song and everyone who has been involved in my life, I mean everyone who listens to this song and everyone who has been involved in my life.
I am really happy to be me, to have met this song, to be on stage with these members and to have people watching me.
Thank you again for having me in your lives, for your support and encouragement. I know that as we pursue this dream together, you will be as anxious, impatient, and emotional as I am, maybe more so. I know that we will always be together and fighting. I will never stop until everyone who supports me feels happy and rewarded for supporting Kasahara Momona! I will go all the way to the top. Please watch me!
I can't tell you how much I love and appreciate you. I am proud of all the choices and paths I have made in my life, the identity created by my favorite memories, the dreams I have had, and the fight I am fighting for now. Then all I have to do is keep going!
I'm gonna make my big, big dreams come true!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amped
High Priest

Postby KakureW » Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:17 pm

Just a quick rant (I need to get this off my chest).
Spoiler: show
I haven't been watching this contest(?)/audition much. But from what little I have been watching, I strongly get the feeling that the producers are not very keen on Momona. That's not to say they don't want her to debut, or are gonna prevent it. But her lack of screen time or vocal parts (in the program) is really baffling to me. You have a bonafide star with plenty of stage experience, stage presence, good dancer. good singer, cheerful personality, and you don't showcase any of it? She has been pulling huge numbers on all SNS, is almost guaranteed to be top 5, and they don't focus on her much at all. I guess because she is super professional and doesn't have much of a sob story counts against her in a reality show kind of setting.

Having already said I don't watch this show a lot, my current picks would be:
Spoiler: show
1) Momona (Queen)
2) Ishii Ran (Previous name recognition and experience)
3) Sasaki Kokona (Goofy but good)
4) Ebihara Tsuzumi (From what little I have seen of her, this girl will be a star in my opinion)
5) Kato Kagura (Cause she is goofy, and also tall)
6) Sakurai Miu (Previous name recognition and experience)
7) Kato Kokoro (Previous name recognition and experience)

The rest of the spots could go to anyone and I wouldn't care much. Although I must say, I am surprised by the popularity of Takami Ayane and Yamamoto Suzu in the rankings and the amount of impressions/views on SNS. Are these two very good, or have they featured somewhere before?
KakureW
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: Shimakura Rika

Postby Moh » Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:59 pm

Not sure about Takami Ayane, but Yamamoto Suzu was a trainee with Source Music (Korea). Some people tend to keep an eye out for former trainees.

As far as the editing goes, I'm afraid that's just a thing Mnet has a habit of doing.
Every season they have someone they either don't show that much, or do "evil editing" to make certain contestants seem like horrible people. :wacko:
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Amped » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:32 pm

Takami Ayane was just an ordinary high schooler, who was part of her high school's Light Music Club in Kyoto. She was a main vocalist in her band called "Vintage". She also won "Best Vocalist" award twice in a contest.

She is a homegrown talent that people like to root for.

I think it is also because she made a big first impression on the judges for the first time she appeared
Amped
High Priest

Postby KakureW » Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:23 pm

Moh wrote:Not sure about Takami Ayane, but Yamamoto Suzu was a trainee with Source Music (Korea). Some people tend to keep an eye out for former trainees.

Amped wrote:Takami Ayane was just an ordinary high schooler, who was part of her high school's Light Music Club in Kyoto. She was a main vocalist in her band called "Vintage". She also won "Best Vocalist" award twice in a contest.
She is a homegrown talent that people like to root for.
I think it is also because she made a big first impression on the judges for the first time she appeared

Oh ok that explains it. But yeah, this Ayane girl is really good at singing. No wonder then.

Moh wrote:As far as the editing goes, I'm afraid that's just a thing Mnet has a habit of doing.
Every season they have someone they either don't show that much, or do "evil editing" to make certain contestants seem like horrible people. :wacko:

Yeah, I guess they need the views, and evil editing gets them those views so...
KakureW
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: Shimakura Rika

Postby Amped » Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:57 pm

Also the judges refuse to talk about Momona.

~~~~~

&ME team
https://twitter.com/produce101jp_/statu ... 0865531962

behind episode 9 photos
https://twitter.com/produce101jp_/statu ... 9604539760
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:44 pm

Amped
High Priest

PreviousNext