The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby KakureW » Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:39 pm

A 2-story stylish building in Takanawa! Dang, UFP flexing that money. And the design and finished product looks fly too.
It seems UFP is leasing the recording studio to other artists as well. Makes sense, since it's a good way to utilize the downtime when H!P members are not using it, and will also be an extra source of revenue.
KakureW
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: Shimakura Rika

Postby Starra » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:18 pm

H!P song titles that make me cry: SHALL WE LOVE?

The formatting is so inconsistent. I think it's supposed to be SHALL WE LOVE?, with a full-width Japanese question mark (full-width punctuation symbols are my nemesis and I hate them to my core because they make consistency a nightmare), as indicated on the release tracklists... but then the covers have it as Shall We Love?, and so does the music video title screen.

Spoiler: show

VS

Other releases (such as the solo versions by each member and concert DVDs) seem to agree that it's SHALL WE LOVE in all caps, but can't decide whether the question mark is ? or ?. Sometimes I think they have it as "SHALL WE LOVE ?" with a space and then an English question mark, but I can't tell.

I gathered some examples here.

AND THEN I'm watching the latest Hello! Dream where they announce the KSS recital songs/performance order, and they have it formatted as Shall We Love? (NOTE: with the font, I can't tell what kind of question mark they used).

*Goes back in time to 2002 and yells at Tsunku in terrible Japanese about his lack of consistency, while Tsunku himself is wondering how I managed to get into the office at 2AM and prbably calling security*

Oh, also, I did change the design of the member list page slightly. I think this is better since it's more compact! I don't really like the position of the "More Info" button, but I can't tweak that much with the service I'm using.

PS Sorry for the full-sized images, but the thumbnail feature doesn't display things properly on Chrome (even with adblocking stuff disabled). It seems to think it's supposed to be, uh, -10000px to the left of the post.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Shoujo Q » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:41 pm

I totally understand. Fonts (Japanese vs English…etc) are about as consistent as member color shades. I could go on a rant about hues and “colors”. In marketing you need to be consistent but you can only be as consistent as the font you use. Typography is important and I harp on my company forever about it, but they don’t care. Some companies aren’t anal about it. But those with an artist brain tweek when they see something wrong.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Starra » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:53 am

Shoujo Q wrote:I totally understand. Fonts (Japanese vs English…etc) are about as consistent as member color shades. I could go on a rant about hues and “colors”. In marketing you need to be consistent but you can only be as consistent as the font you use. Typography is important and I harp on my company forever about it, but they don’t care. Some companies aren’t anal about it. But those with an artist brain tweek when they see something wrong.

Oh, for sure. My main gripe is the capitalisation lmao. UF are never, ever consistent with that -- or with title formatting in general. I've come across music video compilation releases where there are multiple instances of the same song title... formatted in different ways. At the very least you could be consistent on the same goddamn release, guys!
Starra
Prophet

Postby Starra » Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:01 am

Quoting this here:
Celedam wrote:Maybe we should start a "Graduation Speculation" thread, because graduations are inevitable and it would help to mentally prepare for them.

Me, I expect Ikuta to announce soon, because she's also at that age and I can't imagine her staying much longer after Fukumura graduates later this year. She's barely engaged as it is. I would even believe that she wanted to graduate with Fukumura, but someone gently reminded her that she's not as popular and she would just drag down what will probably be the biggest MM concert since Michishige's graduation.

I think Mei's gonna graduate this year/next year to concentrate on studies. She's been an idol since she was 11, and she's now 17 and just started her last year of high school. I can see her leaving either at the end of 2023 or beginning of 2024 so that she can focus on getting into university. She seems kinda smart, and her parents might want her to take a different path in life than being an idol.

That said, either way, I hope it does end up being her own decision, since she genuinely loves being an idol and performing on stage. Maybe she'll do university part time and still stay in H!P, but I'm not getting my hopes up for that.

Others:
-Ishida (25 curse lol)
-Nonaka (Maybe?)
-Makino (To focus on being a model, she seems pretty popular)
-Kawamura (To focus on her tuna stuff and get more qualifications)
-Sasaki (I can easily see her being a soloist or a model)
-Uemura (Maybe if J=J gets another new member or two)
-Inoue (Unsure why, but it's a vague feeling)
-Someone from BEYOOOOONDS... Unfortunately I think Momohime's gonna be the first, if ultimately due to her seemingly constant health issues. I wouldn't be surprised if she gets told to stop performing.
-A shock OCHA NORMA grad Idk

Also, I seem to be cursed to lose one of my fave members every single year. It's happened more or less every year since I became a fan, even.

2006: Konno (She didn't technically graduate from H!P but you know what? I'm counting this one!)
2007: Robin (I love her)
2008: Mutou Mika (She was my fave Ongaku Gatas Egg lol)
2009: *Cries in Elder Club*
2010: Maeda Irori (I'm still bitter), Junjun
2012: Aiko (Yeah)
2014: Tanabe Nanami
2015: Maasa
2016: Meimi
2017: Maimai
2018: Haachin
2019: Yanamin
2020: Karin
2021: Tomoko, Kassa (I'm also mad about Yamada Ichigo tbh)
2022: Kaede
2023: Takechan, Kishimon

Only years it didn't happen were 2011 and 2013, but even then, I liked some of the members who left those years. Since I'm already losing 2 faves this year (Takechan and Kishimon) and it's only April, hopefully Mei won't graduate until next year lol.
Starra
Prophet

Postby angermetico » Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:12 pm

Good morning everyone!
I don't know if it is the best place to post a request that I want to make.
I need the images of each member of each group on each side of their singles for a project I'm doing.
Normally I usually find the images, but for example of the single 8 and 9 of Tsubaki Factory I can't find complete images of each member of the AA and AAA sides.
Would anyone know where the full profile pictures could be found?
Thank you all.
All the best.
angermetico
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: Sakura Oda,Asakura Kiki

Postby Celedam » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:24 pm

From another thread…

hanamoyou wrote:There are 6 groups right now with 10+ members each

Sounds like it's time for a sports festival.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Tobo_Junny135 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:45 am

Starra wrote:Quoting this here:
Celedam wrote:Maybe we should start a "Graduation Speculation" thread, because graduations are inevitable and it would help to mentally prepare for them.

Me, I expect Ikuta to announce soon, because she's also at that age and I can't imagine her staying much longer after Fukumura graduates later this year. She's barely engaged as it is. I would even believe that she wanted to graduate with Fukumura, but someone gently reminded her that she's not as popular and she would just drag down what will probably be the biggest MM concert since Michishige's graduation.

I think Mei's gonna graduate this year/next year to concentrate on studies. She's been an idol since she was 11, and she's now 17 and just started her last year of high school. I can see her leaving either at the end of 2023 or beginning of 2024 so that she can focus on getting into university. She seems kinda smart, and her parents might want her to take a different path in life than being an idol.

That said, either way, I hope it does end up being her own decision, since she genuinely loves being an idol and performing on stage. Maybe she'll do university part time and still stay in H!P, but I'm not getting my hopes up for that.

Others:
-Ishida (25 curse lol)
-Nonaka (Maybe?)
-Makino (To focus on being a model, she seems pretty popular)
-Kawamura (To focus on her tuna stuff and get more qualifications)
-Sasaki (I can easily see her being a soloist or a model)
-Uemura (Maybe if J=J gets another new member or two)
-Inoue (Unsure why, but it's a vague feeling)
-Someone from BEYOOOOONDS... Unfortunately I think Momohime's gonna be the first, if ultimately due to her seemingly constant health issues. I wouldn't be surprised if she gets told to stop performing.
-A shock OCHA NORMA grad Idk

Also, I seem to be cursed to lose one of my fave members every single year. It's happened more or less every year since I became a fan, even.

2006: Konno (She didn't technically graduate from H!P but you know what? I'm counting this one!)
2007: Robin (I love her)
2008: Mutou Mika (She was my fave Ongaku Gatas Egg lol)
2009: *Cries in Elder Club*
2010: Maeda Irori (I'm still bitter), Junjun
2012: Aiko (Yeah)
2014: Tanabe Nanami
2015: Maasa
2016: Meimi
2017: Maimai
2018: Haachin
2019: Yanamin
2020: Karin
2021: Tomoko, Kassa (I'm also mad about Yamada Ichigo tbh)
2022: Kaede
2023: Takechan, Kishimon

Only years it didn't happen were 2011 and 2013, but even then, I liked some of the members who left those years. Since I'm already losing 2 faves this year (Takechan and Kishimon) and it's only April, hopefully Mei won't graduate until next year lol.

I believe that now that the rules surrounding the pandemic is relaxing a bit, we’ll be seeing a lot more upcoming grads than what we got now. I think for certain post Fuku grad we will be saying bye to the colourful era members. Ikuta pulls a Gaki, Ayumi may want to go into Dancing, Sakura Soloist who knows. Biyo has finally found its ground after a robbed start thanks to Miss Pandemi, I doubt we’d have to worry about Biyo members just yet, besides I don’t see them being a generational type with what type of group they have, it may end in a Berryz fashion.
Tobo_Junny135
Acolyte

Postby Zunu » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:53 am

So many questions...
Would a magazine interview with the beloved H!P group be entitled "Beyooooonds Say"?
Is their rabid fanbase known as the Beyohive?
Does "RFRO" when said out loud sound like Scooby-Doo saying, "Let's Go"?
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Amped » Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:09 am

SKYPerfecTV! Producer and his assistant Former OnePixcel member Kanuma Ami freely talk about Hello! Project. Kanuma Ami is quizzed on her knowledge of Hello Pro in this video such as "Can you name the current Hello Pro groups?" and "Describe your image / impression of each H!P group?"

Kanuma Ami's favorites are BEYOOOOONDS Okamura Minami and OCHA NORMA Kitahara Momo

Kanuma Ami's description of each group :
Morning Musume. '23 "The Hello Pro", "After seeing youtube clips, Kitagawa Rio is Amazing"
ANGERME "Loud", "Hairitai" (The group you want to join), "Performance", "Dancing", "Singing", "Outfits", "Female Fans"
Juice=Juice "Amazing Singing", "Sexy", "#1 feminine (joseirashii) group in Performance"
BEYOOOOONDS "Funny and Entertaining"
OCHA NORMA "Oudou Idol" (righteous / proper idol)
Tsubaki Factory "Gakkyoku Tsuyoi" (Powerful Music), "Everyone's Performance is Amazing", "Gap", "Entertaining TV show"

They invited Kanuma to go see a live H!P concert together sometime.
Amped
High Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project