The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby Amped » Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:17 pm

Today in some :facepalm: news

A 44-year-old man was arrested for illegally reselling tickets to concerts of idol group Morning Musume and other groups.

According to the Metropolitan Police Department, Kazunobu Obata is suspected of reselling three tickets to concerts of "Morning Musume" and other groups to three men at a price higher than the regular price from May to June this year.

The suspect, Obata is a member of the "Hello! Project" fan club, and is believed to have made over 3 million yen by reselling the tickets he purchased under several accounts, including pseudonyms.

He denies some of the charges, saying, "I resold tickets as a hobby, but not as a business, so it is not a violation."
Amped
High Priest

Postby Shoujo Q » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:01 pm

I had to look up Kaga for something and I thought I hit the right (the one I wanted) Wiki, but it took me a moment to realize, I wasn't on the right wiki (the bizarre-o world one I clicked on) and I'm very much confused now.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Zunu » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:12 am

Weird, reminds me of the Jose Luis Borges short story, The Library of Babel, about a library that contains an unimaginably vast number of books which consist of every conceivable permutation of 25 characters, from "AAAA....AA" to "AAAA....AB," "AAAA....AC" etc., all the way to "ZZZZ...ZZ."

Although the books are just nonsense collections of letters, they also contain every factual treatise ever written, and a vast number of treatises that are accurate-adjacent but wrong in tiny details. In Babel you can read that Kaga Kaede is a member of Mourning Museum, or is enemies with Chantel Dubois from Madagascar 3, or is that she led her team to a bronze medal in the 57th International Mathematical Olympiad.

In the future the internet may become overrun with so much AI created misinformation masquerading as plausible fact that it will become useless as a reliable source of anything. Future generations will be taught that Yamazaki Mei (super accurate rendition) was famously friends with Pinky and the Brain, and that will be that!!
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Amped » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:19 pm

on the TV Tokyo variety show "Ariehen Sekai", they were comparing Kanagawa people vs. Saitama people. NEWS member Keiichiro Koyama, who lives close (Sagamihara) to Zama City, Kanagawa pref., knows that "Morning Musume. comes to (Harmony Hall Zama) every year!"

Amped
High Priest

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:05 am

Hello! Online General Election thread is up, for anyone interested in participating. Site is currently a tad wonkier than normal, but posting does work.
https://www.hello-online.org/index.php? ... tion-2022/
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:36 am

New Hello! Project logo for the 25th Anniversary
https://www.up-fc.jp/helloproject/
Amped
High Priest

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:49 am

Nayoko-Kihara wrote:Hello! Online General Election thread is up, for anyone interested in participating. Site is currently a tad wonkier than normal, but posting does work.
https://www.hello-online.org/index.php? ... tion-2022/
Similarly, the Top Songs 2022 voting thread is also up for anyone interested. I expect fewer results in general this year for the simple fact of said site wonkiness.
https://www.hello-online.org/index.php? ... -fan-poll/
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:00 am

Up-front seems to have got a new office building in Takanawa in a quiet residential area.

Here is a report from someone who went to check it out the new space :
The location is just between Shinagawa Station and Takanawadai Station on the Asakusa Line. It is in a less crowded area with very few pedestrians on the street. It has a unique and stylish mesh design on the upper floors. There is planted wall on the side with Upfront's name already engraved on it. There is a neon sign which says "Music Factory". The entrance near the neon sign looks like a kitchen door, so it is unlikely to be used as an event space. The land next to it, there is construction going on for new apartments.

It a small building, so they it might be just a recording studio.
Last edited by Amped on Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Zunu » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:35 am

Haha, so unassuming. You could traipse right past it completely unaware that it was teeming with idols.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Celedam » Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:17 am

Although they'll never publicly talk about it, I assume they've had issues with stalkers. That's just part of the idol industry.

Thus, a building with no windows and a big garage for cars and minibuses.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project