[10/5] Morning Musume。'14 - Live Concert in New York!

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [10/5] Morning Musume。'14 - Live Concert in New York!

Postby Zunu » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:23 pm

That's right, JPHiP got an in-person interview with all the members!

Didn't they score a coup like that before? 8)
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby aerosuffly » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:31 pm

Awesome! That answers my question. (Thanks Amped :) ) I know JPHiP exist, but I have only been there a few times. They have too many boards to read.

Riho's outfit is indeed so damn cute. You know she is a real Japanese girl because she can still wear skirt when it is cold.
aerosuffly
Minion

Postby Chibs » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:29 pm

^^did Yuu interview twice, I believe we did an interview with a group that went to Japan Expo, and the whole survey about hp fans around the world (the map thing)
ImageImage
Chibs

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby erilaz » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:20 pm

Finally home and catching up on forum posts. I had a productive morning/early afternoon in NYC before heading off to JFK around 3 pm; more about that in the "stuff you've bought" threads when I get a chance XD . If I had passed by Rockefeller Center just a few minutes earlier, I would have caught Bastille performing live on the Today show's outdoor stage. It was t-shirt weather in Midtown Manhattan while I was out and about; too bad we didn't have that the day before.

AyuHikaru wrote:erilaz (Who is always a treat)

Aw, shucks. :$

It was great seeing all the folks I'd met before and meeting people that I hadn't met before, and I'm sorry that I didn't get to meet all the JPloppers who were there.

AyuHikaru wrote:Eripon Wota who sat next me was number 572 and said when he bought the CDs there was barely any left. So around 600 tickets. 400 actually sold since I was VIP and got number 71.

It seems to me that they must not have been handing them out in sequence. I was in the Living Social group that went in right after the VIPs, and I got number 596.

It was a great show, but I don't really have anything to add that hasn't already been said. I was dead center, about 20-25 feet from the stage (there were about ten people directly in front of me), which is the closest I've ever been to Momusu。 at any of their concerts. I've been a bit closer to the stage at a Dream Morning Musume。 show, though.

I'm SO glad I managed to get a handshake ticket! (Thanks to esm for bringing the Living Social deal to my attention, or I probably wouldn't have.) For most of the girls I had generic stuff like ありがとう and ようこそアメリカへ, but I also managed to deliver the few special messages that I had planned. I complimented Sakura on her belly-dancing on J-MELO and told her that my mother used to do it, which she and Kuduu (who was standing next to her) both seemed to find interesting. I gave Riho a がんばって for her calligraphy and told her that I want to learn how to do it, too. I opened with a 久しぶり when I spoke to Sayu, since I had met her at one of the AX autograph sessions, and I congratulated her on her graduation. There were other things I would have liked to say (I had particular things to tell Eripon and Zukki, for example), but there was no way to condense them into a pithy sentence or two.

Zunu wrote:
That's right, JPHiP got an in-person interview with all the members!

Didn't they score a coup like that before? 8)

They're always scoring like that. Slack is pretty amazing in that regard, and he's a nice guy, too. When I first met him before Takahashi's graduation concert, upon learning that Kago-chan was one of my all-time faves, he gave me a "加護亜依 Meets KDDI Mobile" promotional strap from one of her KDDI events in L.A. They've got some good folks over there at JPHiP. :thumbs-up:
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby TotallyUncool » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:05 pm

I agree -- I have a lot of respect for JPH!P. The style there is a little different, but that's just style. Jplop is a comfortable social/discussion/H!P news hangout, which is I think what most of us want it to be, and it's why I'm here (that, and individual people who I like). JPH!P is much more of an activist board, and they've worked hard for everything they've done -- I like their streaming radio, for example, and they deserve the interview opportunites that they've gotten; I think that being active there involves a lot of committment. I don't drop by there too often these days, simply because I'm distracted by so many other things, but when I do go there, I see a lot of familiar names from here, as well as from the old days at JPM. There's definitely room in the world for both Jplop and JPH!P.
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby Amped » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:01 pm

Amped
High Priest

Postby iceymoon » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:32 pm

i just got home like 3 hours ago (it's now 3am), but i rushed to read Jplop because i can finally lift my don't-lose-hours-checking-forums ban! :hehe: i'm gonna go to bed now, but i wanted to say really quick it was great running into and talking to fellow Jploppers!

some of you i was seeing again (erilaz, boinsie, AyuHikaru, bekluvsdiru) but most of you i was meeting for the first time (Sahra, Kyu, esm, amped, pav, Kita, Jessi, BerryzGiraffe, erin). i'm sorry i couldn't stay and chat most times that i ran into you guys because i was always doing/on my way to doing something! that's the thing that sucks about giving myself stuff to do.. leaves so little time for anything else. :crying: one day i'll plan nothing so that i can just talk and hang out with people. XD

@boinsie
yay, you have leftovers! whenever i remembered about the badges you disappeared. xDD at the end of the Momusu line, shortly after seeing you and saying hi, i turned around and was like "oh boinsie!" but you were gone lol. i saw you again later when i went to claim my checked bags, but as soon i registered that i had seen you, you were gone lol.

long story short.. i will PM you my address. :lol:

@amped
my party had started heading out when i asked about you and erilaz told me you were right there, so i was worried about losing them.. which made it so that i forgot the REASON i wanted to meet you. XD i wanted to say in person "thank you for all the news!!" d'oh. so online will have to do for now, and hopefully we'll meet again some day :D

thank you for all the news. :heart:
iceymoon

Postby Amped » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:06 pm

it was so amazing to see you work really hard at Hello Party and then meeting you right there after the concert! you are the epic Legendary catch! Thank you iceymoon! Thank for bringing everyone together. :thumbs-up:
Amped
High Priest

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:06 pm

Icymoon! It was great meeting you!!!! Hopefully next time around, (Assuming there is one o.o) you'll have more time!!!
And hopefully next time we'll be able to coordinate a meetup for all us jploppers better. XD (either in line, or some other time? XD)

BTW I just remembered something REALLY important from the handshake event that everyone failed to mention.

THE GUY IN THE BACK ON THE STAGE WITH THE SPINNING CHAIR.
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby erin » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:43 pm

The chair guy was hilarious! xD

icymoon - It was really nice meeting you! You passed us at one point and I was like, "I think that's icymoon..." but we were all to shy to shout out to you. xD When you came back around I just give it a shot and ask. haha.
| tumblr |
erin
Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project