OG (Graduated Members) / M-line Club / M-line Music

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: OG (Graduated Members) / M-line Club / M-line Music

Postby Spaghetti-Western » Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:06 pm

Amped wrote:Hello! Study Abroad Channel 7.24.23

Nakajima Saki celebrates Christmas in July? Actually it's Matariki Day Maori New Year in New Zealand. Saki joins a party with the host family. Saki tries to speak English only.

Hello Hello, this is Nakajima Saki.
I was planning to schedule a shoot to celebrate MATARIKI DAY but,

But I thought it would be more realistic and I'd like to show you what happened with my host family.

But seriously
I am really, really embarrassed to expose my speaking, which is not growing well at all. I feel like I'm making my own neck even more painful.

But thinking so is only the first step. And believe it.

This is how an international student's (an international student at my level?) conversation is like...
Anyway, they still listen to me.
Thank you to my host family and everyone!

I can imagine her speaking improving quickly if she continues to put effort into it.

更に自分の首をしめる行為をしてるなぁと。
I think this is something like "furthermore, I did something that dug my own grave". I'm not sure if she's talking about a mistake cooking the stew or just mistakes speaking.

My Japanese studying has been on haitus for a few years but lately I feel like learning again (自分の首をしめる? :geek: ). I had the time and energy today to hack my way through Nacky's entertaining new video. Looking up kanji most of them were like "oh yeah... I vaguely remember that one". The mind is a mysterious place :fubar:

Here are some translation(-ish) notes :

Host Dad mixes in playful jokes (like that one about the beer brand) into normal conversation. She's very grateful how they adjust their speaking in order to communicate on her level.

There was some mix-up with cooking the stew and Host Mum discovered her mistake :happy:

Dinner was a load your own plate style. They celebrated a girl's birthday; there were many desserts.

Saki says that people at the party were too afraid to try her line up of Japanese liquor: "next time!" :grin: They opened the wine with the wombat on the label that she had been wanting to try for a long time. There was homemade hot wine(?). She was pleased that her mushroom snacks were a big hit.

In the picture looking down at her feet she's wearing all her gifts from Chisaki :heart:

The host parents seem fairly young - maybe they are about 50? I remember in a previous video Nacky said that she had gotten more roommates at her host family and it was busy - not sure if it's the same place though. I wonder if there are growing kids in the house for her to deal with.
Spaghetti-Western
Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti-Western » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:16 am

Zunu wrote:Amped (or somebody!), just go and offer her free English classes. いいチャンスだから!

I remember back in the days of the old jpopmusic website, there was a member who translated videos named SparklingMelrosePool. He was a big fan of Mika Todd's. (From Minimoni). Eventually through his online activities he was able to strike up a friendship with her. So one never knows, do one? Chisaki may be ex-Morning, but as of now she's a former idol with no particular career prospects, so I honestly think she might be open to meeting a friendly and respectful native speaker.

If Amped is busy hanging out with Nacky who will post the updates!? :butbut:

Yeah - free lessons!~ ( with 0 ulterior motives :whistling: )
Spoiler: show

I'm not saying there is zero possibility of big fans being received in some positive manner. However, with the proliferation of online dating sites women have powerful tools at their fingertips that let them sift and search through large swaths of people. (They can, of course, set to "just looking for friends").

Personally, I think online dating is kind of yucky (and I know a growing number of people feel the same way). It's just so inorganic and it seems like it's causing social issues.

Back to Nacky's speaking and accent. Besides just having more English conversation I think she could get some mileage out of ... singing(!) in English. I bet she and her friends have already found a karaoke bar somewhere. Even without the karaoke machine she could sing - though it's probably embarrassing to sing in a second language in front of native speakers :lol: (I want to hear it real bad)

What songs would you have a Japanese ESL student sing? It shouldn't be too fast? Keeping it light might be a good idea. They might not like stuff that's too dated, but it varies.

I was rocking to this old chestnut today: Just What I Needed ; girl acoustic cover ; Live Aid version

Oh, that actually might be a good YT channel for them, here's another classic: Idols (Boys) Don't Cry (says Momochi Sempai ;) )
Spaghetti-Western
Acolyte

Postby Amped » Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:36 pm

Ishikawa Rika, Takahashi Ai, and Fukumura Mizuki went out for brunch.

It has been awhile.

I got to see the two of you.
It was only 2 hours that the 3 of us had time together, but it was great to see you both after a long time!

I was healed a lot by two of my favorite people.

Then we had brunch at Kei-chan's husband's newly opened panini place!

Unfortunately, Kei couldn't come because of her schedule.

The panini was so delicious!

I promised Kei to go with me next time.

Thanks for the happy time.

Oh, I'm wearing the same clothes as Fukuchan!
Ai-chan's collaboration clothes!
I was so happy!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvI83k1SkEp/
Amped
High Priest

Postby Zunu » Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:05 am

It's Ice Cream & My Jiggly's translation of an M-line conversation between Miyabi, Manakan, and Ozempic, er, Ozeki Mai.

tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby boinsie » Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:45 am

Amped wrote:Then we had brunch at Kei-chan's husband's newly opened panini place!

https://kyujinbu.com/pontenuovo/detail/post_75.html
https://www.keikyu-exinn.co.jp/hotel/hi ... es/en.html

The panini shop is PONTE NUOVO CAFE on the first floor of Keikyu ExInn in Chuo City, for those interested. I hadn't realized she's married to a chef! His other two restaurants are fancy Italian fair--Cucina Gianni in both Tokyo and Minato City.
boinsie
Guru

Postby Amped » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:22 pm

Sayubee 4th single "Koi Wazurai" 愛煩い, release is 7/27

Teaser

download links
https://lnk.to/MyTTzp
https://music.apple.com/jp/album/%E6%84 ... 1696250531
Amped
High Priest

Postby Zunu » Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:16 pm

Here's the full MV.

She sounds great and the song has a nice bounce. Kind of in the general flavor of Kouda Kumi or Sheena Ringo.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Shabranikuduu » Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:23 pm

Oh wow, I really like this. I thought her other songs were kinda meh, but this is catchy!
Shabranikuduu
Acolyte

Postby boinsie » Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:15 am

Oh, I agree! I liked that a lot more than her other solo tracks!
boinsie
Guru

Postby JonCC » Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:03 am

JonCC wrote:Finally an OG stars in an adaptation of anime I actually watched (back in the day).

Wouldn't have pegged her for Cecile, but that's what acting is all about right?

Not bad actually. At least just visually so far.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project